Ruabon – Gledrid R'bout – yet another RTA!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Ruabon – Gledrid R'bout – yet another RTA!

• Author

Rex_Ham
    Participant

Yet another accident on this notorious stretch of road. How long before it’s made into what it should’ve been in the first place when building it…a DUAL carriageway!!

Trouble is now, it’s going to cost many millions more than it would’ve done at the time of it’s construction, a glaring example of false economy.

By reducing it down from the dual A483 into two-way traffic causes a major bottleneck. I went by there at rush hour yesterday evening, and traffic heading south was backed up as far as the Bangor Rd flyover with (what looked like) pure volume of traffic alone! Nightmare stretch of road….

JaneJ
    Participant

The problem now is the traffic back up north on A483 stretches beyond the Llangollen turn-off very often so drivers are coming off on what is quite a long slip road to go the ‘old’ way through Rhosymedre and Chirk to come out by the Morton Garden Centre. The old road is now becoming the A483 bypass.

Daave63
    Participant

I understand the points made by Rex & Jane, by in my experience [driving all over the country for over 30years – inc. white van man] I have never know a road actually cause a crash. Its down to poor driving – awareness – patience – reactions – tiredness – selfishness – speed car maintenance – women – skill – driving conditions inc. time of day – SORRY only joking about patience!!

People need to slow down, be aware and drive accordingly – if they don’t know the area just open your eyes if you do then you’ve only got your self to blame!

AMA Express
    Participant

It’s almost always down to the nuts that hold the steering wheel.

Dozydigger64
    Participant

[quote quote=112682]I understand the points made by Rex & Jane, by in my experience [driving all over the country for over 30years – inc. white van man] I have never know a road actually cause a crash. Its down to poor driving – awareness – patience – reactions – tiredness – selfishness – speed car maintenance – women – skill – driving conditions inc. time of day – SORRY only joking about patience!!

People need to slow down, be aware and drive accordingly – if they don’t know the area just open your eyes if you do then you’ve only got your self to blame!

[/quote]

Got to agree fully with this ( of course not the patience part ). Very often we see speed limits being reduced due to an “accident black spot” or so called “dangerous stretch of road”. Its the drivers not the road or the speed limit.

pete
    Participant

[quote quote=112694]Got to agree fully with this ( of course not the patience part ). Very often we see speed limits being reduced due to an “accident black spot” or so called “dangerous stretch of road”. Its the drivers not the road or the speed limit.[/quote]
    I’ve always wondered how reducing the speed limit after a crash stops it happening in future when the person was speeding before the limit was reduced.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News