Rent.

• Author

Lee Dsu
    Participant

Our council rent has gone up today by £6.50 per week so that they can “improve the stock”. Surely they should “improve the stock” before increasing the rent. I can’t think of any other business that charges for a sub-standard product on a promise you might be able to purchase an improved product in the future.

We had a new kitchen last year, but still have damp problems, a falling down shed (on a waiting list), a non flushing toilet (they’ve been out to it 4 times) and waited 6 months for a wall to be plastered after the bath leaked (no overflow fitted). It was only a chance meeting with our local Councillor that anything got done.

There again, they can’t put up the council tax, so why not tax the working council tenants.

wxm
    Participant

Hi Lee Dsu – see thread “Does Wrexham Council Need to Increase Rents 4.3% …” – a valid question you raise …

Daave63
    Participant

”There again, they can’t put up the council tax, so why not tax the working council tenants.” said Lee Dsu.

Hey Mr Lee, do you think that the ‘working council tennants’ who pay full rent & CT get a better deal than you then? Guess again matey, tell you what tax me some more please!!

Lee Dsu
    Participant

I was being ironic. I am a full time worker who pays full rent and council tax!!!!!!

Daave63
    Participant

Really sorry Lee – as a fellow FT worker / payer I’m sure that you appreciate most of what we get – it annoyes me that ‘we’ pay for it and ‘seem’ to be worse off!

Lee Dsu
    Participant

No problem. And I agree. But it’s OK. We can work an extra hour to cover the rent (I was being sarcastic again lol).

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News