RED COW PULLED DOWN YIPEE

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum RED COW PULLED DOWN YIPEE

• Author

weasel
    Participant

Just watched the demolition men as they finished pulling the Red Cow in Pen y Bryn down…
    They told me they had to dispose of hundreds of syringes….
    Lets hope the druggy scum who lurked there move on to somewhere else…
    How about they have a place adjoining the new prison….

Sheefag
    Participant

Another 200 year old chunk of Wrexham’s history disappears under the bulldozers.

myfanwy
    Participant

There should be a zero tolerance policy re drugs!!

The Monitor
    Participant

YIPPEE???? So you are one of the people who like the history of Wrexham being destroyed?????

Why not raze every building in Wrexham that was not built in the past 20 years to satisfy the greed
    and idiocy of many local planning decisions. Why indeed not let the space provided be used for
    another Prison…. or may be a large Gypsy encampment…. or maybe .. a base for fracking.

Yipppee … for F’s sake… get educated… get a life..

zinger
    Participant

Why was the building left to deteriorate so badly? The owners should not be allowed to make any money out of any properties that replace it.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Really intelligent comments have been posted on this thread today!
    Monitor, I have never been a great fan of your somewhat ‘insightful’ commentaries, but your recent post has, I am afraid to say, succeeded in inventing a new level of banality.
    May I suggest that it is you who should get educated, get a life and stop living in the past.
    You make derogatory comment about planners,developers and the author of this thread and you also intimate that it is wrong to make a profit.
    Pen y Bryn is one of the principal gateways into Wrexham that has been an eyesore for far too long and I applaud everyone involved in raising its standard irrespective of whether there is a financial benefit involved.
    You bemoan the passing of some building in Wrexham but their loss is hardly the most important feature of Wrexham life is it?

Rex Ham
    Participant

The site of the Red Cow and some surrounding buildings has been an eyesore for sometime and I guess because they had been allowed to deteriorate so far, demolition was the only option. The building collapse across the road is testament to what happens if left too long. I don’t think any of us on here want to see old buildings demolished if they have a useful purpose, and I am surprised that “Monitor” chooses to blame the council planners, I would suggest the site owners are to blame.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News