Pure Gym 24/7

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Pure Gym 24/7

• Author

AMA Express
    Participant

@dagg 19302 wrote:

Who wants to go to a gym at 2 o’clock in the morning.

I’d be quite happy going for some exercise after finishing work at “silly o’clock” in the morning. Not everyone works “normal” hours these days.

Remember many years ago when the question “who would want to go shopping on a Sunday?” was asked .

justjojo2011
    Participant

I think perhaps you may have misread what I typed because I didn’t dictate what should or shouldn’t be built. I asked if we need more.

In regards to fat people walk round, please direct that comment to the person who mentioned it in the first place.

@JaneJ 19297 wrote:

JoJO you cant dictate to private investors were they will bud a facility — they will have done a through assessment of the market place and come up with a costed proposal that will have a target of making a profit to reinvest and make money for shareholders.
    We cant attract anything new to Wrexham if all of the marketing and demographic data available to businesses does not stick up for a business model. Why invest in an area that does not meet a business profile it would make no sense.
    Perhaps instead of defining ‘fat people waking around’ it should have been broader and stated ‘unhealthy’ people in Wrexham as the current data shows we are sitting in a massive time bomb of industrial illness from heavy industries such as coal and steel making starting to present itself with lung problems for the 60/79 year olds and at the other end an almost epidemic issue of children that are obese with resultant Type 2 diabetes developing. Cant see how you can be offended with this broader rational for more gyms (provided they are affordable)

justjojo2011
    Participant

I have said before that Wrexham needs more choice. So I do agree with the number of same shops we have dotted around the town.

I couldn’t use a gym if I wanted to. None of the machinery can deal with the issues in my knees without causes further pain and unfortunately I am not in a position financially to pay for a personal trainer.

The idea of an empty unit being used, is great for the town but having the same thing lined up from when end to the other just doesn’t make sense, especially if the council want people to care about Wrexham.

@BenjaminM 19298 wrote:

No it doesn’t jojo.
    If you want to make the argument of need, it is just as easy to cite charity shops, mobile phone and pound shops. I could argue that we have far too many of those too but that does not prevent their proliferation.
    I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone would even contemplate questioning the prospect of turning a vacant property into an occupied asset for the town.
    I am guessing from the tone of your post that it is not a facility you would use, but many people with varying lifestyles would find a 24 hr gym more than useful.

justjojo2011
    Participant

Not everyone works 9-5. I can understand the prospect of 24/7 for some people who work silly shifts and want to get a work out when they finish at say 3am.

@dagg 19302 wrote:

Who wants to go to a gym at 2 o’clock in the morning. I can understand people going for an hour or so after work eg afternoons and nights.

BenjaminM
    Participant

@justjojo2011 19372 wrote:

I have said before that Wrexham needs more choice. So I do agree with the number of same shops we have dotted around the town.

I couldn’t use a gym if I wanted to. None of the machinery can deal with the issues in my knees without causes further pain and unfortunately I am not in a position financially to pay for a personal trainer.

The idea of an empty unit being used, is great for the town but having the same thing lined up from when end to the other just doesn’t make sense, especially if the council want people to care about Wrexham.

Come on jo, make your mind up!
    Para 1. You agree with the number of same shops …for the sake of choice.
    Para 3. You totally contradict yourself by stating having the same thing lined up from end to end doesn’t make sense.
    Which is it? Both statements contradict each other, so come on, make your mind up time!!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News