Police, what police ….

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Police, what police ….

• Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sure there is a need for policing the area from 2000 ft in a helicopter, the essential role that aspect of policing has not escaped me. However, I feel this should be a support function to ground forces. A few recent high profile incidents have clearly indicated that, “special highly trained officers” are on hand should a serious need arise, but there is a serious lack of police officers patroling our streets. I have I am afraid little credence for part time police, and feel they should either take their roles more serious and stop tweeting that they have policed the entire area and informing us that all is well. They stole past my home on a regular basis with more make on that Boots counter, head phones in, usually around 14.00 hrs, hardly the peak time for crime to be committed in the burbs. They fail to move youths on when these “gangs” hang out near shops , turning the air blue with disgusting language. They are powerless to do anything to stop the boy racers burning up our streets, how many road traffic incidents of late involving young boy races losing control of their vehicles. I dont know what the law stipulates with regards noise levels, but an awful lot of these cars must exceed acceptable noise levels as well as speeds.
    While perhaps not a police matter, take a stroll down our High Street, it is now apparently acceptable to allow your goods to spill out all over the pedestrianised streets, no does or says a thing …. the foxes are running the hen house.

Daave63
    Participant

What have the chickens ever done for us? Up the foxes I say!

Animal Mother
    Participant

[quote quote=123406]Sure there is a need for policing the area from 2000 ft in a helicopter, the essential role that aspect of policing has not escaped me. However, I feel this should be a support function to ground forces.[/quote]

It is. They support officers on the ground by providing area searches, aerial viewpoint for incident/event management, and tracking of vehicles and offenders.

[quote quote=123406]A few recent high profile incidents have clearly indicated that, “special highly trained officers” are on hand should a serious need arise, but there is a serious lack of police officers patroling our streets. [/quote]

Specially trained officers are used when specials skills are required. I see no issue with that.

With regards to “serious lack of police officers patroling[sic] our streets”, you should write to your MP and Theresa May. Police forces have been decimated by year on year budget cuts. Please look here:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-34899060

When you talk of police “patroling”[sic] our streets, are you talking about foot patrol? In this day and age, the “bobby on the beat” is impractical and ineffective. Would you rather have half of the officers on shift be on foot and not be able to respond to incidents which are more than a few hundred metres away?

[quote quote=123406]I have I am afraid little credence for part time police, and feel they should either take their roles more serious and stop tweeting that they have policed the entire area and informing us that all is well. [/quote]

What do you mean by “part time police”? Are you referring to PCSOs? If so, they are full time and perform a vital role in helping to police communities and reach out to the public by remaining available in in-touch. Part of this is using social media, which is an efficient and effective way of reaching out to the public. What would you prefer, an ad in the local rag, perhaps a poster on a lamp post?

[quote quote=123406]They stole past my home on a regular basis with more make on that Boots counter, head phones in, usually around 14.00 hrs, hardly the peak time for crime to be committed in the burbs. [/quote]

Those “head phones” will be their radio earpieces.

What is the issue with taking pride in appearance and wearing make-up?

What is the “peak time” for crime? Perhaps a position in the crime reduction senior management team for NWP would be the right thing for you.

[quote quote=123406]They fail to move youths on when these “gangs” hang out near shops , turning the air blue with disgusting language. [/quote]

What powers or law allow PCSOs or Police Officers to move people on?

[quote quote=123406]They are powerless to do anything to stop the boy racers burning up our streets, how many road traffic incidents of late involving young boy races losing control of their vehicles. I dont know what the law stipulates with regards noise levels, but an awful lot of these cars must exceed acceptable noise levels as well as speeds. [/quote]

Vehicles are seized and drivers ticketed on a regular basis for antisocial vehicle use. If you doubt this, please send an FOI request to NWP for the figures.

[quote quote=123406]While perhaps not a police matter, take a stroll down our High Street, it is now apparently acceptable to allow your goods to spill out all over the pedestrianised streets, no does or says a thing …. the foxes are running the hen house.[/quote]

Write to the council.

Councillor X
    Participant

Well said Animal Mother, you showed “iout” up for what he/ she is, or was it a typo? i.e. “lout”

Daave63, I vote chicken. Who wants KFF?

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=123596]Well said Animal Mother, you showed “iout” up for what he/ she is, or was it a typo? i.e. “lout”

[/quote]

Personally I think iout made some perfectly valid points, rubbished by Animal Lover sorry Mother and yourself Councillor whoever, but everyone has an opinion and entitled to express it in this country, just about for now ;)

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

[quote quote=123596]Well said Animal Mother, you showed “iout” up for what he/ she is, or was it a typo? i.e. “lout”

[/quote]
    I agree with the X Man but also agree that very little is done to quosh the tide of little dickheads who hang around in gangs abusing people and those little boy racer pricks who have been a nuisance for decades.
    I could add to that people driving on the middle lane of empty motorways, using phones while driving (Police say they are combatting it but if so why hasn’t it stopped?) and drugs being smoked on street corners in town in broad daylight.

Councillor X
    Participant

[quote quote=123614]

Well said Animal Mother, you showed “iout” up for what he/ she is, or was it a typo? i.e. “lout”

Personally I think iout made some perfectly valid points, rubbished by Animal Lover sorry Mother and yourself Councillor whoever, but everyone has an opinion and entitled to express it in this country, just about for now ;)

[/quote]If ‘iout’ is unhappy with the service provided by the Police, rather than moan here, he/she should do something about it and fill in a complaints form:

http://www.north-wales.police.uk/contact/dissatisfaction-feedback

Animal Mother
    Participant

Next he/she will be complaining that all the police do is hand out speeding fines to pay for the Christmas party.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wales’ dental services at “risk of catastrophic collapse”

News

Whooping cough cases on the rise in Wales prompting urgent vaccine calls

News

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’