Police Station Move

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Police Station Move

• Author

Adam
    Participant

So with the Police Station demolition creeping ever closer, time to acquire a new town centre site is running out. It was stated last year in the Executive Board meeting that the new site would need to be acquired by March 2015.

Wrexham.com link

Board Meeting Agenda

Has anybody seen any evidence that the Oriel (or anywhere else) is preparing to be handed over..?

Anybody heard any rumors about the plan for the current Bodhyfryd site? With the application for an extensive leisure site at the old Groves school which I assume will be open to the public during evenings at least, it doesn’t seem viable to build another leisure facility in place of Waterworld as was being discussed last year. I wonder what Plan B might be..

zinger
    Participant

Having seen the design for the new police station on Wrexham.com this morning, I think that the new police station looks more like an art gallery than a police station. Shouldn’t the police station be nearer to the the prison?

wrexview
    Participant

Part of the plan for the Arts Centre in the People’s Market was the assertion that rent paid by the police for the Old Art Gallery would be given to the New Arts Trust towards running costs. Who is paying for this new build ? Who will own the building ? Will there be any rent involved ?

Adam
    Participant

The new design is for the new Llay headquaters no? I was specifically referring to the smaller Wrexham Town Centre unit..

sparky1
    Participant

WOW Just seen the new design of the police station where did all that water come from ??????????? is it going to be by the flash? or was it in high flood and its going by holt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wrexview
    Participant

Article refers to Library Car Park , so town centre police station .

Adam
    Participant

@wrexview 18645 wrote:

Article refers to Library Car Park , so town centre police station .

so it is.. my mistake.

Rob
    Participant

@Adam 18640 wrote:

So with the Police Station demolition creeping ever closer, time to acquire a new town centre site is running out. It was stated last year in the Executive Board meeting that the new site would need to be acquired by March 2015.

….

it doesn’t seem viable to build another leisure facility in place of Waterworld as was being discussed last year. I wonder what Plan B might be..

On the first point I get the impression that if the planning is not granted / site secured then the current police station site would be redeveloped by the five-0

Waterworld’s replacement, or planned replacement, is up next month I think – would have to check the forward work programme doc.

@sparky1 18644 wrote:

WOW Just seen the new design of the police station where did all that water come from ??????????? is it going to be by the flash? or was it in high flood and its going by holt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NWP have said they no longer have Canute-esque powers due to changes in regulatory frameworks, so once global warming takes full effect that is what it will look like :D

jimbow
    Participant

@Adam 18640 wrote:

Anybody heard any rumors about the plan for the current Bodhyfryd site? With the application for an extensive leisure site at the old Groves school which I assume will be open to the public during evenings at least, it doesn’t seem viable to build another leisure facility in place of Waterworld as was being discussed last year. I wonder what Plan B might be..

Could it be that the Council have used up all this years funding for CONSULTANTS. If so, then it could be in next years consultation budget. Remember they are not capable of making decisions of this nature without CONSULTANTS.

justjojo2011
    Participant

I read something earlier that stated because the new station will deal with both Wrexham and Flintshire, that it will be somewhere in the middle.

When it was first mentioned about knocking the police station down, it was rumoured to be Llay. Whether that is the case or not, I don’t know

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News

Bring your broken items to Wrexham’s Repair Cafe this weekend!

News

Wales’ dental services at “risk of catastrophic collapse”

News

Whooping cough cases on the rise in Wales prompting urgent vaccine calls

News

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News