Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

Captain C
    Participant

I don’t hate the Crewe’s I hate what they are doing to the village. I don’t hate South Wales, I am from South Welsh stock going back three generations before they moved to North Wales. I most certainly don’t hate progress I have ran a business for many years but I would not sell my neighbours down the line and reduce the value of their homes by destroying their area around them.

Sheefag
    Participant

How on earth is this development going to devalue the homes in the area?
    It isn’t.
    A common theme amongst the objectors seems a complete absence of fact and logic, this development can only be good for the Village and good for local business.

Captain C
    Participant

Try telling that to all the residents off Gresford Road and within Llay.

Marie
    Participant

I see that the draft local plan is due out in the next 20 weeks or so. Planning Policy Wales states that:
    ” Questions of prematurity may arise where an LDP is in preparation but the plan has not yet been adopted. In these circumstances refusing planning permission on grounds of prematurity may be justifiable in respect of development proposals which are individually so substantial, or whose cumulative effect would be so significant, that to grant permission would predetermine decisions about the scale, location or phasing of new development which ought properly to be taken in the LDP context. Refusal will therefore not usually be justified except in cases where a development proposal goes to the heart of a plan. This requires careful judgement. A refusal might be justifiable
    where a proposal would have a significant impact on an important settlement, or on a substantial area, with an identifiable character, but is rarely justifiable if a development proposal is likely to impact upon only a small area.
    2.6.4 The stage which a plan has reached will also be an important factor in judging whether a refusal on prematurity grounds is justifiable. A refusal on prematurity grounds will seldom be justified where a plan is at the pre-deposit plan preparation stage, with no early prospect of reaching deposit, because of the lengthy delay which this would impose in determining the future use of the land in question.

The developers have clearly timed there application for before the deposit plan date, but the grounds of prematurity may be valid if the deposit is imminent? This is potentially significant.

Sheefag
    Participant

@Captain C 17234 wrote:

Try telling that to all the residents off Gresford Road and within Llay.

I don’t need to tell them anything, this development will not and cannot devalue any homes in the area.
    On what economic theory do you base your statement?

EJ01
    Participant

Try telling that to the people who bought the barn conversions at Home Farm with open countryside views!

Mr Wonderful
    Participant

In my experience if MOST people you meet don’t like you , I think I’d start to wonder “why the recurring theme?”…..maybe change something,like aftershave to start with…..

Sheefag
    Participant

@EJ01 17241 wrote:

Try telling that to the people who bought the barn conversions at Home Farm with open countryside views!

And anyone else?
    Didn’t think so.

lazyjack
    Participant

@Sheefag 17239 wrote:

I don’t need to tell them anything, this development will not and cannot devalue any homes in the area.

I’m sorry but whether you agree with this proposed development or not, there is surely no doubt that it will affect the value on many properties.

Do you honestly believe that a 4/5 bed house overlooking nice green fields is not worth more than one directly opposite a huge housing estate ? Ask an estate agent if you need convincing.

Sheefag
    Participant

A view that was taken from someone else when their own house was built.
    If every planning application was decided on such grounds, nothing would ever get built.

I’m really not so far, reading any objection that a planning committee would take an ounce of notice of frankly.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News

Bring your broken items to Wrexham’s Repair Cafe this weekend!

News

Wales’ dental services at “risk of catastrophic collapse”

News

Whooping cough cases on the rise in Wales prompting urgent vaccine calls

News