Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

Saxon1
    Participant

We are concerned about ALL local people not just local business people.

Llayfaithful
    Participant

So ALL local people do not use local businesses??

Saxon1
    Participant

Well Llayfaithful I think you will have to ask them personally. I really don’t know the answer to that one.
    But thats it Im not entering into a tit for tat childish discussion, when there are far more important things to be discussing as previously discussed on this forum from the first blog.

I have done my job in getting the debate into the public domain and it will be ultimately the Llay people who will decide if they want this development or not, and even then their valid views may not be taken into account by the powers that be who make all the decisions for the people of Wrexham, rightly or wrongly as usually is the case.

So enjoy your evening and have a pint on me.

Captain C
    Participant

I run a business in the Wrexham area and live in Llay. I am against the development as it will bring nothing to the area but will take away green fields, increase traffic and overcrowd the doctors and schools. Llay is a great place to live and I am very proud to be Welsh living in a Welsh village.
    If you want a petition in support of this massive site I would recommend you contact the farmer as we could not find anyone else in favour.

Llayfaithful
    Participant

Looking back in the posts it’s clear that because I was for the development that your tit for tat took place. All I stated was my views and valid points ie anthrax being on the land which you justified was invalid and when prompted of whom it may benefit you could accept my views. I know change is difficult and your views are as welcome as anyone’s but it has to be factual and that’s the point I have proved. It will help local businesses and captain c must be very busy if he doesn’t want to welcome new business but fantastic to hear from a business owner that you are so busy. Thanks for the pint it went down lovely

Captain C
    Participant

It will not help local shops because they want to build a store in the middle of the estate. Local tradesmen would not be used because it would have to be a large size builder to take this on and they will bring in their own subcontractors. The anthrax point was made as the farmer was deemed to have used the swill from the pig farm for spraying on the land as fertilizer at the time of the anthrax outbreak. Cattle were dying on this farmland three years ago and were taken away but the result were never published.
    I agree that only factual reasons can be used to oppose this application and leaving aside the anthrax problem there are many good reasons to oppose.
    It’s interesting to hear the views of a person who is in favour of the estate being built because of the hundreds we have spoke to in this area you are the only one that seems to be for it (not counting the farmer and the architect who are obviously in favour).

Saxon1
    Participant

The anthrax comments are all valid and factual, it happened quiet some time ago, so other local residents may not have remembered which farm in Llay was involved. So on this blog we will correct any points that we know are incorrect, which we have done. We will not cast aspersions or false allegations knowingly to try and validate our fight with incorrect information. If other bloggers are not aware of the correct facts, we will point these out if we are aware of them not being correct. But of course there may things that we are not aware of true or false, this is after all a forum for freedom of speech for all concerned.

Llayfaithful
    Participant

One store but what about laundrettes, chippy, Chinese, chemist, kebab shop, taxis, garden centre, car sales, car repairs, local church, restaurants, pubs, aquatics and several other businesses. The sub contractors could possible be local people.? If the new houses require an electrician, plumber, gardener, decorator and other trades these could also be local people. The local sports teams may also benefit from new members even the legion or welfare may welcome extra members. Benjamin seems to approve of the site. Like you quite rightly stated not many people on this site seem to disagree with the proposals I just wanted to air my views about some positives rather than all the negativity. In terms of cows dying I’m no farmer but it was all over the news about mad cow disease and tb affecting cattle this has nothing to do with anthrax. So either way the farmer is up sh*t creek without a paddle if the cattle are dying has anthrax which has not been proven and the land is sinking which again has not been proven. What would you suggest for the land if Farming may no longer be a viable business being a businessman yourself???surely you wouldn’t be happy if the land became derelict and a caravan site or fly tip!!!!

Llayfaithful
    Participant

Re: Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!
    To be fair to Home Farm, I am not sure if the last Anthrax outbreak was on their land. It was lower down on the Singrett Hill fields, and I am not sure if Home Farm was affected, as I cannot remember.

Saxon1
    Participant

These business’s have thrived in Llay for years, without the 1000+ extra people projected.

Its all very well declaring all these positives but it’s hardly a match for lack of the essential needs of the local community like getting your child into the local school, getting a doctors appointment when you need one, getting to work on jammed up roads where 3 new roundabouts have been introduced within the vicinity of the traffic lights, two on Gresford Road and one on the straight mile, just to get people off the new development.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News

Bring your broken items to Wrexham’s Repair Cafe this weekend!

News

Wales’ dental services at “risk of catastrophic collapse”

News