One Nimby Petition – oh no!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum One Nimby Petition – oh no!

• Author

Daave63
    Participant

A petition, which was started by one local resident following news that outline plans to develop almost 60 homes on Boozey Field, Gwersyllt, were approved by WCBC must strike fear in the heart of hopeful house owners everywhere!

Seriously though, If the developers have not identified a need for building houses, due you think that they would – its all about money for them, but people need housing so houses need to be built. And its not all about ‘affordable housing’ though, as those moving up the ladder allows younger couples to get a foothold. I honestly don’t see how it can have a negative impact on local communities, as more people brings more wealth, spending power so local shops grow, health centre may remain open and schools can expand, even bus services are secured.

Come on lady, your house must have been built at some time so sign my petition to allow such schemes, be positive and let the County thrive – just not by my house please!

Nen
    Participant

I think that sadly a lot of people fail to see the bigger picture of inward investment into the local economy and better services (both private and public) that will follow new housing and just focus on preserving their “view”

With all these extra houses to be built in Wrexham I’m sure that plans are being drawn up as we speak for new schools, a bigger hospital and better transport links like electrification of the railways and, inevitably, the widening of the A483 to three lanes.

Captain C
    Participant

Dream on and just hope you don’t land back in the real world.

Wrexham Council and planning ahead don’t go together.

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=113746]I think that sadly a lot of people fail to see the bigger picture of inward investment into the local economy and better services (both private and public) that will follow new housing and just focus on preserving their “view”

With all these extra houses to be built in Wrexham I’m sure that plans are being drawn up as we speak for new schools, a bigger hospital and better transport links like electrification of the railways and, inevitably, the widening of the A483 to three lanes.

[/quote]
    Took them about 30 years to build the new road to the industrial estate.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Let the developers get building our new homes. Population is on the increase and more capacity is needed. Hopefully there will be a number of houses given over to accommodate vulnerable families and those currently homeless or living in housing stress. Thumbs up from this Gal..!

zinger
    Participant

“I think that sadly a lot of people fail to see the bigger picture of inward investment into the local economy and better services (both private and public) that will follow new housing and just focus on preserving their “view”

With all these extra houses to be built in Wrexham I’m sure that plans are being drawn up as we speak for new schools, a bigger hospital and better transport links like electrification of the railways and, inevitably, the widening of the A483 to three lanes”

Yeah, yeah! And what are children to do in the meantime? How many ambulances will be held in queues outside the Maelor? We already know the problems of the A483 into Chester now. When I see the plans in advance with a completion date then I might believe it.

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=114226]How many ambulances will be held in queues outside the Maelor? We already know the problems of the A483 into Chester now[/quote]

These things will never change until the incompetents in charge are fully held to account.
    Don’t hold your breath though.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Bring your broken items to Wrexham’s Repair Cafe this weekend!

News

Wales’ dental services at “risk of catastrophic collapse”

News

Whooping cough cases on the rise in Wales prompting urgent vaccine calls

News

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News