New Stickers on Black Bins – No Food or Recycling

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New Stickers on Black Bins – No Food or Recycling

• Author

Bryn6
    Participant

I was always under the impression that the small grey caddy was to be kept in the kitchen for food waste, you would use a bio-degradable bag and as and when you wanted you would knot it up and put it in the green bin with the garden waste. You certainly don’t keep food waste in it all week and then put it outside with the rest of your bins. I always thought people that do must be mad. That way your caddy is kept clean inside your house and your food waste is composted as it should be.

Matt
    Participant

Bryn – changes from November 2016

Food waste should be placed in the food caddy which has been provided by the Council and should also no longer be placed in the green bin.

https://www.wrexham.gov.uk/english/council/news/no_cardboard.htm

WreX-iT
    Participant

How big is the food caddy Matt?

zinger
    Participant

You should have 2 sizes of grey caddies. If you haven’t, phone the council for them.
    The small one for daily kitchen waste eg. peelings, egg shells, left over food etc. Use the green biodegradable bags provided.
    You then transfer that bag into the larger grey caddy which is kept outside. The lid is locked when the handle is in the upright position.
    Better & healthier for that to be taken by the bin man weekly than leaving it to rot in either the green or black wheelie bins which are only collected fortnightly.
    How simple is that?

WreX-iT
    Participant

[quote quote=164475]You should have 2 sizes of grey caddies. If you haven’t, phone the council for them.
    The small one for daily kitchen waste eg. peelings, egg shells, left over food etc. Use the green biodegradable bags provided.
    You then transfer that bag into the larger grey caddy which is kept outside. The lid is locked when the handle is in the upright position.
    Better & healthier for that to be taken by the bin man weekly than leaving it to rot in either the green or black wheelie bins which are only collected fortnightly.
    How simple is that?[/quote]

Marvinuk
    Participant

This might be a silly question but why can’t it go in the green bins anymore? Surely vegtable peelings ect are just the same as garden waste? My old neighbour used to have a composter and eveything went in that, garden and food waste.

WreX-iT
    Participant

[quote quote=164484]This might be a silly question but why can’t it go in the green bins anymore? Surely vegtable peelings ect are just the same as garden waste? My old neighbour used to have a composter and eveything went in that, garden and food waste.[/quote]

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=164484]This might be a silly question but why can’t it go in the green bins anymore? Surely vegtable peelings ect are just the same as garden waste? My old neighbour used to have a composter and eveything went in that, garden and food waste.[/quote]

Its not a silly question at all ours go in the compost heap with grass cuttings etc.

zinger
    Participant

Same here.

welshyorkie
    Participant

The council do provide extra green bags as required as I’ve proved today just by tying an empty bag to the roadside caddy. These also get emptied every week. Our smaller caddy is used for small amounts of food waste, teabags, peelings, waste greens etc and we use about 3 green bags a week which are then put into the roadside caddy for emptying. I don’t see any real problem with the set up.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News