‘Modern’ Barriers Installed at Eagles Meadow Car Park

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum ‘Modern’ Barriers Installed at Eagles Meadow Car Park

• Author

Alunh
    Participant

Eagles Meadow has to be praised for introducing a feature which works in other towns and which is customer friendly. It works on the premise that people will often underestimate the time which they will allow to shop, pre-pay for a ticket, and then abort their shopping venture half way through so that they avoid a parking ticket.

This has not been done in isolation. The prestigious shopping centre has also lowered Car Park charges and created an environment where other providers have had to follow.

The result of this has been a win-win for all and sundry. In the latest Forum meeting, Kevin Critchley explained how the monitoring of the Yorke Street approach entrance has revealed a considerable increase in foot-flow and has rationalised this as having come from more people parking in Eagles Meadow, shopping there and going into the town. Such small details are vital when you operate a business.

Let’s hope that those in Cardiff Bay now look at the Business Rates in this town so that some of the more tired streets can be reinvigorated

Ferret
    Participant

It would’ve been good if they could have jncluded a 5 minute no payment period for drop-off and pick-up. I’m sure many parents drop kids off for shopping bowling and the cinema.

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=118980]It would’ve been good if they could have jncluded a 5 minute no payment period for drop-off and pick-up. I’m sure many parents drop kids off for shopping bowling and the cinema.

[/quote]
    A lot of people are dropped of by the roundabout, some even wait while the passenger does their shopping.

Andy
    Participant

It isnt mentioned on the signs but I have been informed there is 10 minutes free to alight/collect passengers. I have collected passengers from MS collection point for no charge.

Darlofan
    Participant

I think it’s a good idea, as you say people restricted by pay and display times will cut short a trip into town. What I’m not sure about is the entrance to EM car park is so close to the road how long before there is traffic chaos round there as queues build waiting for the barriers?

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=119002]..how long before there is traffic chaos round there as queues build waiting for the barriers?

[/quote]

Always looking on the bright side eh ?

Taffy
    Participant

I parked there today.
    Easy in and out (apart from me trying to put card in wrong slot on exit!).
    Paid less then when I used it as a pay and display car park.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News