Llan y Pwll link road / Gresford roundabout

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Llan y Pwll link road / Gresford roundabout

• Author

Huw
    Participant

So, there was an awful accident on the Llan y Pwll link road this morning. How many more accidents will there be before the Police actually either patrol these area’s regularly or get a fixed speed camera on there?!! It is the local race track for the boy racers and sooner or later somebody is going to get killed. Come on Police, get off the Rossett flyover and catch the real dangerous drivers!!

Steve
    Participant

So it was an accident caused by speed then? Not Dangerous driving, drink driving, mobile phone use, driver error…. but speed?

Huw
    Participant

Could have been any of those. What I am trying to say is that the Police need to start POLICING roads that need it. Since the new link road to the Industrial Estate the Llan y Pwll has become a race track for the local boy racers in their sheds. There will be a fatality on this road sooner or later unless some sort of speed restriction is introduced.

Sam
    Participant

I thought that the unfortunate crash was between a light commercial vehicle a a landrover in daylight hours ? Not your stereo typical choice of vehicles for boy racers.
    Bad driving & control contributes to more accidents behind speed.
    Speed cameras………. Why not put speed bumps all the way to the industrial estate too ?

Andy
    Participant

Seems to me the Landrover probably turned right onto the wrong side of the carriageway. Nothing to do with speed.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

we went past the crash yesterday morning. I take comfort that everyone has survived as the land rover was beyond recognition and positioned in a way that gave us a fear of dread.

Personally think the road should be 50 (it’s an extra 50 yards breathing space pf stopping distance after all) because sadly it’s human nature (me included) to put pedal to the floor, once you leave the gresford roundabout and you are too busy concentrating on acceleration/overtaking to think about giving yourself enough space from the car in front. Then once you are past the turn you’re think about getting to the roundabout more than safety.

Although, driven it 1000s of times, never been a fan of the road (friend’s mum died on one of the junctions when i a kid) and given wet conditons, I always drive the chester road, smithy lane, jefferies road and dean road route instead.

Sam
    Participant

What the ‘flash’ turn off on this road and the golf driving range on the new section towards the industrial estate needs is an acceleration / de acceleration lane.
    It would be far safer all round.
    Mainly because of late indication to turn or pulling out and not accelerating enough to the speed of the traffic. Both down to poor driving I’m afraid.

Huw
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 3577 wrote:

we went past the crash yesterday morning. I take comfort that everyone has survived as the land rover was beyond recognition and positioned in a way that gave us a fear of dread.

Personally think the road should be 50 (it’s an extra 50 yards breathing space pf stopping distance after all) because sadly it’s human nature (me included) to put pedal to the floor, once you leave the gresford roundabout and you are too busy concentrating on acceleration/overtaking to think about giving yourself enough space from the car in front. Then once you are past the turn you’re think about getting to the roundabout more than safety.

Although, driven it 1000s of times, never been a fan of the road (friend’s mum died on one of the junctions when i a kid) and given wet conditons, I always drive the chester road, smithy lane, jefferies road and dean road route instead.

50mph would certainly calm things down but let’s wait until somebody tragically dies and then do something about it, that’s how things seem to get done in this country!! I know these 2 vehicles were probably not speeding but I am merely trying to get the attention of the Authorities that this death trap of a road needs attention. Since the construction of the new link road to the Industrial Estate the road has got worse. I have personally witnessed cars doing speeds in excess of 100mph. Also, on the Gresford roundabout, when are people going to realise that the double lanes to go down Chester Road – 1 lane is an OVERFLOW LANE AND NOT A RACING LANE! It is to save traffic backing up on the roundabout. If there is only 1 or 2 cars there get in behind them. I’ve had people go on the opposite side of the Chester Road here just to get in front!

michellecook
    Participant

My brother saw the crash happen, think you’re all jumping to way too many conclusions. Why not wait until the official police investigation is over?

NJones
    Participant

The accident was before the Flash turn off, and nearer the roundabout. From the damage it looked more like the white commercial vehicle had hit the land rover from behind? I live on the estate by there, you do hear the odd car flying up the link road but I don’t think changes to speed limit are necessary, but an improved junction from the Flash is.

I agree with the point about the 2nd lane off the Gresford roundabout- but the problem is most won’t use for fear of the idiots who refuse to let you filter in and abuse you. This is caused by the minority (?) who seem to think letting someone get ahead of them affects their masculinity. And its not boy racers I blame for this but taxi drivers- they are just grown up boy racers.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News