Litter Patrol Chased off Anglesey – Kingdom Come?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Litter Patrol Chased off Anglesey – Kingdom Come?

• Author

Wrexham1
    Participant

Wonder how many more people refused their details though

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=148840]Wonder how many more people refused their details though[/quote]

Possibly quite a few 382 tickets issued in March vs 268 in April.

That’s a drop of 26% in revenues in just 1 month! I bet they are busting heads at Kingdom HQ.

Peterthewatcher
    Participant

There has probably been less Kingdom staff on the streets of Wrexham – as the weather has git warmer some of them will now be working the coastal strip where there will be 1000’s of easy pickings compared with low numbers of shoppers in Wrexham.
    Basic economics their operators are paid on commission won’t mind travelling to the coast and make more money than in Wrexham.
    Perhaps Cllr Bithell will come out publicly and say that the Council have given Kingdom asset target annually so that the Council are gausranted a set income from the ticketing.

bubble
    Participant

I realise this is probably not a popular viewpoint in this forum, but I can’t help wondering why people have an issue with this. Surely the simple solution is not to drop litter. It’s not difficult.

Council Watcher
    Participant

Bubble fully agree – but part of the issue is the insensitive and heavy-handed way in which KIngdom will pounce on someone for a supermarket receipt that blows out of a trolley or a sweet wrapper that blows from a car as a door is opened.

Common sense is not in the mindset of Kingdom as they are totally driven by profits

Wrexham1
    Participant

If you accidentally drop something and Kingdom approach you then firstly pick it up, but say nothing. They will demand that you give them your details but again remain silent and keep walking away from them. At this point, they will be telling you that it is a further offence to fail to provide details and that they will phone the police. Just remain calm and keep walking. At this point, they will most likely pull out a mobile phone and pretend to phone the police, again this is just the last desperate attempt to scare you into giving your details. At this point, once they see that you aren’t falling for their threats, they will give up and try it on with someone else….it’s not worth them continuing to pursue you at this point as they will know by now that there is no chance of them issuing you with a FPN and that if they want to earn their bonus by fullfilling their daily quotas, they will need to try and fine someone else who may fall for it instead.

wrexview
    Participant

https://www.olddailypostlink.co.uk/news/kingdom-could-kicked-out-north-14649126

Looks like another Council , Denbighshire, may not renew their contract with Kingdom.

Wrexham1
    Participant

This is what happens if you ignore them. The guy in question hadn’t even commited any offence, the Kingdom warden tried to wrongfully fine him for smoking in the wrong place. As you can see at 1 minute 50 seconds, the warden pretends to ring the police. Eventually, once the warden realises that the guy won’t fall for it, she gives up.

Sheefag
    Participant

Thank the Lord for this. I for one, miss the good old days of being able to chuck my litter anywhere I like at any time, whilst leaving an impressive mountainous and pungent trail of dogshit behind me.

One of the cultural norms of the Town is about to be restored – something we can all get behind.

We all need to pull together now and work to get the level of street violence back up to the heady heights that we used to enjoy, be proud of, and ultimately, be famous for.

The Town’s gone soft – RECLAIM THE STREETS AND CRY FREEDOM FOR WREXHAM.

bubble
    Participant

[quote quote=149014]Thank the Lord for this. I for one, miss the good old days of being able to chuck my litter anywhere I like at any time, whilst leaving an impressive mountainous and pungent trail of dogshit behind me.

One of the cultural norms of the Town is about to be restored – something we can all get behind.

We all need to pull together now and work to get the level of street violence back up to the heady heights that we used to enjoy, be proud of, and ultimately, be famous for.

The Town’s gone soft – RECLAIM THE STREETS AND CRY FREEDOM FOR WREXHAM.[/quote]

Sheefag, I would like to thank you for this post! Many a wise word said in jest. It’s been a sh*t day for me, so I’m very pleased that, thanks to your post, it has ended on a high note. Nos da.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News