Job Opportunities – Wrexham Industrial Estate

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Job Opportunities – Wrexham Industrial Estate

• Author

RowanFoods
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I work for a company on the industrial estate. We employ nearly 1000 people in a variety of roles from Production Operatives, Cleaners, FLT drivers, QA, Office Staff and the list goes on!

My question to the group, how do you typically apply for jobs when you are looking? We have had some success in the past with sites like indeed.com, monster.co.uk but I am wondering how the local population find jobs.

If anyone is currently looking for work, let me know and we can have a discussion as well.

Look forward to hearing from you

Dan

123windows
    Participant

Hello, I have been unemployed for 6 months and I normally use Indeed.com or fish4jobs when searching for vacancies.I have previously applied to Rowan Foods via Indeed.com, but I heard nothing back. I am currently looking for Monday to Friday daytime work and I have previous experience of cleaning and production work. Please feel free to inbox me at [email protected]

pete
    Participant

I check individual companies’ websites, but you have to know who is around so you know where to look. Word of mouth is also a good way and a lot of companies offer finders fees because it saves them advertising or having to sift through lots of inappropriate CVs.
    I’ve had no success with recruitment agencies.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are you looking for office administrators? if so, Are you competitive with your wages? I work for a large company in Wrexham and many people are dissatisfied with pay here. Looks like more than a few will be jumping ship because of it..

RowanFoods
    Participant

[quote quote=119985]I check individual companies’ websites, but you have to know who is around so you know where to look. Word of mouth is also a good way and a lot of companies offer finders fees because it saves them advertising or having to sift through lots of inappropriate CVs.
    I’ve had no success with recruitment agencies.

[/quote]

Thanks Pete. We have previously looked into the referral scheme as an option before. But with the level of recruitment we need to do, it becomes a significant cost! From our point of view a recruitment agency is a good start, but again, costs can quickly escalate!

[quote quote=120000]Are you looking for office administrators? if so, Are you competitive with your wages? I work for a large company in Wrexham and many people are dissatisfied with pay here. Looks like more than a few will be jumping ship because of it..

[/quote]

Thanks GoM1. We aren’t currently looking for office admin. And we work in the food industry, which is squeezed for every penny! So whilst our pay rates aren’t bad, there are certainly companies out there that could pay more for the same role.

Appreciate everyone’s help so far!

dagg
    Participant

Thanks GoM1. We aren’t currently looking for office admin. And we work in the food industry, which is squeezed for every penny! So whilst our pay rates aren’t bad, there are certainly companies out there that could pay more for the same role.

Appreciate everyone’s help so far!

[/quote]
    Although I’m not looking for work (retired) I find it refreshing that a company has come on here and been honest with it’s pay structure not being at the top of the scale.

Marvinuk
    Participant

What kind of roles are you currently recruiting for?

Ellen
    Participant

Hi Dan,

My husband has just been let go from his company due to a supposed restructure. He is looking for any work if you still have vacancies available? Please feel free to email us at [email protected].

Thanks,
    Ellen

RowanFoods
    Participant

[quote quote=120113]What kind of roles are you currently recruiting for?

[/quote]

Hi MarvinUK, do you want to send me an email [email protected] and we can organise a time for a proper discussion?

[quote quote=120142]Hi Dan,

My husband has just been let go from his company due to a supposed restructure. He is looking for any work if you still have vacancies available? Please feel free to email us at [email protected].

Thanks,
    Ellen

[/quote]

Thanks Ellen – I have sent you an email as requested

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News