Increased dog ownership – plusses/minuses ?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Increased dog ownership – plusses/minuses ?

• Author

Chris
    Participant

Has dog ownership increased?
    Whilst there are valid complaints about inconsiderate dog owners it has to be said that most owners are more responsible than ever before. When I was a child it was quite common to see dogs running loose on streets and you never saw anyone picking up and removing dog mess.

zinger
    Participant

I agree. It almost seems antisocial now to own a dog. I really don’t remember seeing as much dog excrement in times gone by as there is now. Why is that I wonder?

BenjaminM
    Participant

With regard to not seeing as much dog mess in the past, I don’t remember seeing it either.
    That said, I have a good recall of past events that have relevance to me, but unfortunately, remembering whether ther were piles of dog excrement on parks and pavements has escaped being retained in my memory bank.
    Perhaps it has always happened and has just not registered, but is doing so now because we are constantly reminded of it by the Council and others.
    Or maybe dogs now prefer to go ‘al fresco’ rather than soiling their own back yard and passing the problem onto others- lets face it, humans do that too to stifle progress.
    Seriously though, I do agree that dog owners need to take a more responsible attitude to where their dogs defaecate and clean up the mess if the dog is ‘caught short’.

zinger
    Participant

Possibly it is because dogs like humans would go prefer to go somewhere more private given the opportunity. My old dog always preferred to go in long grass where people didn’t often go & on the back garden she always kept to one particular small corner. Because dogs are now mostly on leads it is done on or around footpaths where people walk & the owners have no excuse for not picking it up.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News