Improving the towns look.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Improving the towns look.

• Author

kaidee
    Participant

I fully agree with all the positive work that is being carried out by various groups around the town in an attempt to make ‘The Wrexham Experience’ a much more pleasant one but, I find it hard to understand how wcbc have powers to make landlords smarten up vacant buildings when they cant even sort their own ones out.The Peoples Market and the multi storey car park are one of the first images that visitors get when coming to town, need I say more, come on wcbc make more effort.

Born Acorn
    Participant

In short, they don’t have those powers.

They could pass some byelaw perhaps to gain them, but would they be enforceable with the current inconsistency in looks?

Alunh
    Participant

You pose an interesting question about the Peoples Market Kaidee and I’m sure if you were privy to some of the older blogs on Wrexham.Com you would see this issue raised on a number of occasions. Jimbow has furnished figures pertaining to Rent take in the Market and of course the Car Park itself generates revenue. You would have thought that the stairwells and the Market overall would be spick and span, especially as the Market Car Park may well be the first point of entry coming into Wrexham for Visitors to the town. Instead of this, it remains a disgrace, with the residue of graffiti still visible to the naked eye on various floors with the longest surviving graffiti drawing of them all at the base of the South Market stairwell which has been there for over 5 years. This reads Deno the fat ++++, I would guess reference to the then Wrexham manager.

Whilst I understand that money is tight, it would appear a nonsense to take in piles of money through the Rents in the Market as well as Parking charges, then use the monies on anything but the maintenance of the Market itself. Monies should have always been spent on a balanced basis with the décor and other facets of the Market not denied a reasonable share of profits generated.

What now absolutely flabbergasts me is that an additional pile of money has then been thrown at a company called Quarterbridge to provide a series of self-evident truths about what they then found. In any other organization ANYWHERE, someone should be held accountable………but I’m not holding my breath……….much too easy to source another pile of tax payer sourced money for an Arts Hub rather than just attend to basics

99DylanJones
    Participant

The Council only have very limited powers to make a property owner make improvements – these are generally based on Health and Safety about potential hazard (damaged masonry etc) or health – water leaks, fouling in door ways. offensive graffiti. A Council cannot enforce any requirement to display things in windows or cover up to reduce the impact of an empty property or to revive fly-posting.
    Estate Agents could potentially be held responsible by a property owner for fly-posting inside doors/windows if they have given keys for someone to access a building.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News