Homebase / Sainsburys roundabout

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Homebase / Sainsburys roundabout

• Author

Iceman
    Participant

Simon is spot on, Benjamin, you are wrong.
    Nobody can see through these bushes. The worst roundabout for this is the one by the hospital and Saplings nursery. You can’t see anything if coming from Ruthin road direction, until they fly around the corner at you.
    People also often neglect to indicate when they turn right – something which i am sure you have both witnessed numerous times, but it doesn’t make any difference if you cannot see them in the first place.

Rondetto
    Participant

Each time I fill up with diesel at Sainsbury’s I usually go into the store. It’s almost blind coming out of the petrol station tom turn right towards the store.
    You cant see anything until you edge out. Maybe they should cut down bushes there.
    Some excellent points brought up and agree with most.

Simon
    Participant

The roundabout is also very dangerous approaching it from the other direction. I’m usually in the right hand lane to turn right for DW Sports/Aldi etc on the Plas Coch Retail Park.
    I’d be a wealthy man if I was paid £1 for every time a motorist in the left hand lane has encroached partly into my lane when they are travelling to Sainsburys. Near miss after near-miss! I haven’t noticed any road markings on the roundabout? If there are any, then they have faded beyond recognition.
    I find myself driving really slow in the right-hand lane and ‘hugging’ the my side of the roundabout.
    Again, test it yourselves! :)

BenjaminM
    Participant

Well Simon, you can’t blame walls, bushes or whatever for the situation you refer to in the post above.
    As I stated before, bad driving.
    I think you have inadvertently supported my statements despite me being a ‘self righteous git’ (in your words).

Simon
    Participant

@BenjaminM 8566 wrote:

Well Simon, you can’t blame walls, bushes or whatever for the situation you refer to in the post above.
    As I stated before, bad driving.
    I think you have inadvertently supported my statements despite me being a ‘self righteous git’ (in your words).

How can I be in the wrong if I’m in the right lane, hugging the roundabout curb for safety, because I am aware of bad driving from drivers in the left lane?
    I think this is a pure and simple case BenjaminM spitting the dummy because other posters have told him he’s wrong.

Grow up you fool.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Not you, you idiot – the people in the left hand lane!!!!!
    I despair!!!.

Simon
    Participant

I’ve drawn a picture to make it easier for you to grasp.

I’m in the right hand lane, and a car in the left hand lane is dangerously driving over the lane division.

roundab.jpg

BenjaminM
    Participant

Simon, as you obviously do not understand, I will repeat my previous post:

‘THE PEOPLE IN THE LEFT HAND LANE’ they are the ones displaying bad driving!!! NOT YOU!!

Got it now?

Iceman
    Participant

Imagine being in the right hand lane to turn right, when the person on your left going straight ahead cuts into your lane, then all of a sudden a car comes round the roundabout hidden by the bushes until now, not indicating, but turns right and pulls in front of you. Perhaps annual driving tests are the answer, or maybe everybody should have to pass an advanced driving course?

Darlofan
    Participant

Have to agree with BenjaminM here. Its more to do with reading the road than the shrubbery. I’ve not noticed any issues during regular use of these roundabouts apart from others being in the wrong lanes and not reading signs. Most of the problem is caused as stated by others by other motorists driving at speed into roundabouts.

BTW all this I’ve been driving donkeys years without a bump is nonsense.My mum has been on the road 50years and nobody would wish to sit as a passenger in her car; she causes mayhem all around her!!”

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News

Bring your broken items to Wrexham’s Repair Cafe this weekend!

News

Wales’ dental services at “risk of catastrophic collapse”

News

Whooping cough cases on the rise in Wales prompting urgent vaccine calls

News

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News