Gresford Roundabout

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Gresford Roundabout

• Author

zinger
    Participant

Sorry for bringing this subject up again but I struggle to follow the arrows from the Llan y Pwll link road to Gresford village. It isn’t just me as I have been a passenger when someone else had the same problem.

Approaching the island to all intents & purposes wishing to turn right by taking the right hand lane following the lines takes you back round to the road that you vacated. To turn right towards Gresford village you now need to be in the centre lane under the flyover where the arrows point straight ahead as though to the industrial park or the A483. At the last minute there is a small right arrow taking you over to the left as if approaching the A483. If I have a problem it must be worse for strangers.

wxmlad
    Participant

Yes, I agree with you, think the council have
    bropped a dollock!

Rondetto
    Participant

As usual.

WreX-iT
    Participant

It will only get worse with all these new homes being thrown up in Gresford.

Has anyone asked Councillor Andrew Atkinson how he negotiates the Gresford roundabout? He could help.

Huw
    Participant

All these new homes, it’s 44! Will make hardly any difference whatsoever.

zinger
    Participant

That rather depends on how many of the new owners work on the Industrial Estate. Unless of course they choose to go cross country. Could be an extra 88 cars for 2 car families. Something would need to be done about the crossroads in the village too. Clappers Lane is always gridlocked on school days as well. There is an extra 365 new houses on Gresford Road, Llay as well. We are talking of about an extra 800 cars there. How would those who work on the Industrial Estate get to work? The Gresford roundabout could potentially be taking on a lot more traffic unless the narrow country lanes take the pressure.

Huw
    Participant

Good point.

TimRegency
    Participant

And that’s before you talk about the extra pressure on the local doctors’ practice. House builders just want their money and then to split.

WreX-iT
    Participant

Many houses now have 3 cars or more because the kids cannot afford to move out. So add a few more cars to the new housing estates.

Why does everyone complain about not being able to get to see a doctor without waiting over a month or complain about having to wait 24 hours in A&E. The council make the housing decisions so they must know something we do not about better roads and a bigger NHS coming soon otherwise they will look like a bag of c****!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News