Fracking At Borras.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Fracking At Borras.

• Author

JRW
    Participant

@zinger 16787 wrote:

I would feel happier if I could hear both INFORMED sides of the debate.

The Multi-National Corporation Dart Energy’s sole motivation in all this is Profit at the expense of Respect for those entombed at Gresford.I somehow don’t think they will make any useful contribution to this debate!

Adam
    Participant

I’ve heard today that the drilling company are planning to use Dihydrogen Monoxide at the site. A chemical found in the majority of tumours, potentially instantly lethal if sufficient quantity is inhaled and known to be a key ingredient used in industrial chemical plants. We need to stop and think if we want our children drinking this substance..

zinger
    Participant

My point Adam, is where did you hear it? Hear say or horses mouth?

Adam
    Participant

@zinger 16793 wrote:

My point Adam, is where did you hear it? Hear say or horses mouth?

Maybe read it again.. ;-)

My point being it’s terribly easy to frighten the uninformed..

Metalhead
    Participant

To perhaps help clarify a couple of points raised:

I have spoken to some members of the protection camp and can confirm they are from Wrexham. I believe help was requested from other areas once the eviction was imminent, apparently these people had previous experience of these events (hence the non-local accents on the video feed).

As for conversing with DART Energy (now iGas) I did speak at some length to a representative of this company during the public consultations and in my view he couldn’t (or wouldn’t) answer my questions to what I deemed to be a satisfactory level. As for their ‘we’re not fracking here’ pledges please check case histories elsewhere, they do this all the time and then accidentally drill down to double the depth they have permission for and if shale is present then I’m sure you can guess the rest… Also hydraulic fracturing is generally used in the latter stages of CBM extraction, I’m not saying I don’t trust them……. but I don’t trust them!

As for the mineshaft queries this drilling point is just 1 km (0.6m) from where they BELIEVE the nearest of these mineshafts to be present. There is a theory that perhaps the drawings on which this is based may not have been completely up to date at the time of the mining disaster and the only way they are going to know for sure is to drill down and see if they hit one. The concern I raised with a DART Energy representative was that this is a very high area for Radon gas (which forms naturally in underground cavities, like for instance defunct mineshafts). If this is the case then could drilling in close proximity to these defunct shafts possibly disturb this unpleasant stuff? The DART Energy representative never really answered my question, just stated he didn’t BELIEVE it would be an issue.

As for this company respecting the miners perished in the disaster, have a read of this drilling engineers blog and then take a wild guess who’s site he was visiting…? You say O

I’m sorry but I remain wholly unconvinced with this application and the integrity of the drilling company involved. I feel the people of Wrexham have been let down badly by what has been allowed to go on here.

johnhoppy
    Participant

@Adam 16792 wrote:

I’ve heard today that the drilling company are planning to use Dihydrogen Monoxide at the site. A chemical found in the majority of tumours, potentially instantly lethal if sufficient quantity is inhaled and known to be a key ingredient used in industrial chemical plants. We need to stop and think if we want our children drinking this substance..

Dihydrogen monoxide hoax – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

pritchardbg
    Participant

Greed and Exploitation

If it is true that the C Cardiff planners have given the go ahead for fracking in borras it is nothing short of criminal.

The Gresford miners lie very near the spot were Fracking could take place.

Those miners have been exploited once by greedy Coal Owners and now the labour government overrule our own planners to do it again.

Are even the welsh assembly so avaricious as this.

The whole area must demand this goes to the human rights courts as desecration of graves.

My wifes grandfather lies amongst the miners and is in despair and can’t belive it can be allowed to even be thought of, shame on Cardiff and the weak Labour and greedy brutal Tories.
    Brian and Avril Pritchard

JRW
    Participant

Well Dart Energy will be delighted to see the opposition to all this argue amongst themselves over totally arguable points scoring over the Planning process.We need a united opposition not petty political point scoring.

Huw
    Participant

What can we actually do to stop them though? I remember years ago when the people of Johnstown protested for months on end about having a landfill on their doorsteps and look where that got them!
    There is no doubt that this needs stopping but how?

The Monitor
    Participant

New planning appeal?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News