Election Predictions

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Election Predictions

• Author

Liam
    Participant

[quote quote=129159]Nailing my colours to the mast.

I hope for the following result
    Labour 18
    Independents ( Pritchards group) 11
    Independent (Bithells group) 8
    Conservatives 5
    Lib Dems 5
    Plaid 4

Hopefully we have a Labour, Lib Dem, Plaid coalition with Councillor Dana Davies leading. Just like the way she challenges.

Why? Because I see this as an alternative to the current administration and watching the webcasts it seems to me that the Labour lot are the only ones questioning and challenging. Will Mark Pritchard earn his seat this time, will those Councillors who left the Labour lot over Splash Magic earn the wrath of the electorate? Will the turn out be low? Soo many variables…..but its exiting.

[/quote]

I can’t see the cause for enthusiasm in the Labour Group. It’s all a big soap opera, Indys are now carrying the can for decisions they used to oppose and ditto Labour opposing decisions they would have enacted themselves about two years ago. Makes you wonder where the real power lies in local authorities.

jimbow
    Participant

What is the difference between a Pritchard Independent and a Bithell Independent?

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

[quote quote=129206]What is the difference between a Pritchard Independent and a Bithell Independent?

[/quote
    Can anyone remember the Wrexham.com headline of September 2014 ,which went along the lines of ” We will support Independents to be Independent by remaining Independent.” Is this a political branch of confused.com?

99DylanJones
    Participant

The difference is one is the Leader of the Council and the other wants his job

cmaj76
    Participant

My prediction is that the people of Wrexham will suffer their usual pre-election bout of amnesia, totally forgetting the last couple of years of stupid actions / inactions of our locally elected numpties.
    They will then either a) vote for the same numpties again or b) not vote at all.
    They will then spend the next couple of years bitching about the same elected numpties.

jimbow
    Participant

Could it happen that voters do not elect a person that has stood as a Councillor before. This would give us a brand new Council make up.
    It could not be any worse than we have at the moment.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Don’t forget that Councillors are guided by Officers- there is very little evidence that Councillors have actually challenged officers.
    Officers being the paid knowledge base on which the Council should make decisions yet how often have these officers buried their heads in the sand and only act when pressure builds up — look at the issues with drugs and ASB, school standards where it looks like there has been at lest one school in special measures for the whole of this last Council 5 year period.

al simm
    Participant

Hi all,
    So what if you want to stand as an indy and dont want to be part of the independents or wrexham independents?

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

[quote quote=129261]Hi all,
    So what if you want to stand as an indy and dont want to be part of the independents or wrexham independents?

[/quote]al – back in 1993 when first elected I asked a very similar question ” Independent-Group how does that happen.” A true Independent would remain Non-Aligned but that would limit his/her potency in the council.Basically independents can form as many groups as they like but to claim positions they need a minimum of four in a group. So if you vote Independent you don’t really know what you are getting and who they will ally with. At least with political parties – love them or loathe them you know what choice you are making.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Andrew what you have put is the ideal — look what happened though with the Labor Group coupe of years ago — Councillors who were elected as Labour then became Independents and did not have the decency to allow the electorate to decide if that is hat they wanted. It shows that some Councillors don’t have the moral compass to stand down and ask the electorate to decide. This is a typical example of personality politics taking over from the democratic process of elections.

I hope any of the ten who defected who are standing in the election this time will all make it clear that they are Independents and also state what their wider Wrexham manifesto views would be.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News