Drunken/druggie Idiots

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Drunken/druggie Idiots

• Author

zinger
    Participant

When driving home last night some idiot by the Railway Station stepped out into the road in front of me & threw the contents of a glass all over my car windscreen. It smelt like alcohol but could have been much worse.

wxmlad
    Participant

I see the druggie types have pitched tents on the old grove park girls site
    Maybe we could use them as a tourist attraction, bit like the 2 headed woman or other freak shows!
    Why do we have to we have to put up with these people on full view. Chester will not have them on the streets, they are moved on. No wonder Wrexham town center is in decline, people are intimidated by these fools.

Born Acorn
    Participant

Hey at least the Groves is now useful for something.

Travis Bickle
    Participant

Put a large dome/cage over them and market it as The Human Zoo.

Fisher Man 57
    Participant

If they are told to move you can bet there will be a petition to save the Groves tent city.

Rondetto
    Participant

They have been congregating in the garden of rest in Rhosddu again today. Out of their damned minds, swigging and injecting. As per usual there are no police presence once again. It is terrible for people passing to see.

bubble
    Participant

[quote quote=138308]They have been congregating in the garden of rest in Rhosddu again today.
    [/quote]
    I believe this is how things are going to continue in Wrexham. If the authorities comment, the comment generally includes the ‘fact’ that these druggies are ‘vulnerable’, have ‘complex issues’, takes time to remedy, etc. It’s as if authorities believe that if they tell us things are improving, we will just take their word for it. There never seems to be any consideration given to other members of the public.

I was walking through town tonight – it was only around 6:30 but as I left the bus station I actually felt threatened enough to take a different route and be very selective about which ATM I used to withdraw cash.

I notice the proposed conversion of a property in Regent Street into an HMO has been refused: <https://www.wrexham.com/news/hmo-plans-for-town-centre-office-refused-with-claims-tenants-are-being-treated-as-second-class-citizens-138175.html&gt;. If only the council would take the same approach with moving people like this into residential areas. Is anti-social behaviour really only a serious issue for commercial properties in conservation areas? Why is it OK for people like this to moved in next to us?

Nen
    Participant

[quote quote=138331]

They have been congregating in the garden of rest in Rhosddu again today.

I believe this is how things are going to continue in Wrexham. If the authorities comment, the comment generally includes the ‘fact’ that these druggies are ‘vulnerable’, have ‘complex issues’, takes time to remedy, etc. It’s as if authorities believe that if they tell us things are improving, we will just take their word for it. There never seems to be any consideration given to other members of the public.

I was walking through town tonight – it was only around 6:30 but as I left the bus station I actually felt threatened enough to take a different route and be very selective about which ATM I used to withdraw cash.

I notice the proposed conversion of a property in Regent Street into an HMO has been refused: <https://www.wrexham.com/news/hmo-plans-for-town-centre-office-refused-with-claims-tenants-are-being-treated-as-second-class-citizens-138175.html&gt;. If only the council would take the same approach with moving people like this into residential areas. Is anti-social behaviour really only a serious issue for commercial properties in conservation areas? Why is it OK for people like this to moved in next to us?

[/quote]

Where do you want these people to live? In a cardboard box? Or is it just a case of “not in your back yard”?

And why assume that all HMO residents are “drunken / druggie idiots” – they could equally be occupied by students or young professionals.

bubble
    Participant

[quote quote=138336]
    Where do you want these people to live? In a cardboard box? Or is it just a case of “not in your back yard”?

And why assume that all HMO residents are “drunken / druggie idiots” – they could equally be occupied by students or young professionals.

[/quote]
    I don’t want them in “my back yard” and I don’t see why they should be anyone else’s back yard. I have lived next to druggie neighbours and it was hell – I was signed off sick from work and myself and others had to move home to get away from it. It is their supporters who are generally the “NIMBY”s because they are the ones who want housing to be provided for these people, though not housing next door to themselves.

The article I referred to mentioned anti-social behaviour, e.g. Councillor I David Bithell was quoted as saying “What’s going to happen is you’ll have antisocial behaviour, businesses will move from there and you’ll end up with more HMOs in the area”. The probability of this being an HMO to accommodate young professionals is low and if that were the case (or even if it were intended for students) I imagine the applicant would have emphasised that point.

Planning Officer David Williams was quoted as saying “If there are issues there or which are those causing concern to the adjoining occupiers then that’s something that’s either dealt with through the licensing or the police.”. Yet we can see in Rhosddu how ineffectively authorities deal with such issues.

I don’t care if people are drug addicts – it is the dreadful behaviour that inevitably accompanies them wherever they go that I take issue with. If they behaved with consideration towards others then I wouldn’t care where they lived.

Where do you want these people to live, Nen? On September 26th, on “The Groves” thread, you referred to drunks/druggies as “deadbeats”; specifically, you said: “Does anyone else find it strange that the Council were quick to provide a portable toilet for these deadbeats but can’t do the same for the elderly visitors to town?”.

Rex Ham
    Participant

Yesterday (Sunday) I drove into town to buy one item and decided to try and park in Egerton St by the AVOW office. What I saw there was awful. There were people slumped on pavements and people exchanging money for silver packets. There were in all, about a dozen people there in various states, I drove off pretty damn quick!

I reflected later on the news that footfall into town was at it’s highest level recently – yes, mainly drop outs to get their fix of “spice” probably!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Bring your broken items to Wrexham’s Repair Cafe this weekend!

News

Wales’ dental services at “risk of catastrophic collapse”

News

Whooping cough cases on the rise in Wales prompting urgent vaccine calls

News

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News