Denbighshire council to charge for garden waste collection.. How long before WCBC

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Denbighshire council to charge for garden waste collection.. How long before WCBC

• Author

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

Denbighshire council to charge for garden waste collection… How long before WCBC follow…

BBC News – Denbighshire council to charge for garden waste collection

johnhoppy
    Participant

It begs the question what we pay our rates for. I would imagine that if this comes about much of the garden waste will be crammed into the general waste, which would, of course, negate the whole object of recycling it anyway. Also the separate collection of garden waste was part of the justification for the fortnightly collection of general waste. If this happens we will have been well and truly conned!!

wrexview
    Participant

Do they have weekly general waste bin collections or fortnightly like Wrexham ?

Darlofan
    Participant

It won’t go on for long because quite simply if people have to pay they will put it in with general waste or start fly tipping it. Council will then start missing targets for recycling too.

wrexview
    Participant

A number of Council’s do charge including Birmingham and Cornwall.

grandad
    Participant

I don’t really see it as a problem. I’ll just dump it in the middle of the road outside my house, just like the green bin collectors do.

justjojo2011
    Participant

For me this wouldn’t a problem. I don’t have a garden and therefore don’t have a green bin (despite the council telling me on numerous ocassions I should put cardboard in my green bin not my blue bag… I do keep telling them to give me a green bin and I’ll put it in there..) but I was under the impression that part of what council tax pays for is the collection of refuse… ALL refuse.

Darlofan
    Participant

@justjojo2011 15517 wrote:

For me this wouldn’t a problem. I don’t have a garden and therefore don’t have a green bin (despite the council telling me on numerous ocassions I should put cardboard in my green bin not my blue bag… I do keep telling them to give me a green bin and I’ll put it in there..) but I was under the impression that part of what council tax pays for is the collection of refuse… ALL refuse.

They’ll give you a green bin if you pay for it. We had to buy both our bins 8 years ago when we moved here.

GVC
    Participant

people scare mongering I think, wrexham council hasn’t said this is going to happen, it would end up causing more problems than it would be worth. just because one council does it does mean all will follow.

99DylanJones
    Participant

GVC if anyone is scaremongering it is yiu with you new thread about Wrexham and Flintshire joining (or not)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News