Cardiff Beach

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Cardiff Beach

• Author

zinger
    Participant

Just seen on the TV the giant old lady of Liverpool, who is bringing millions of people into the city & £’s into the coffers.

zinger
    Participant

Play Day was an excellent concept. Long may it continue before the health & safety brigade decide that children are having far too much fun & therefore it must be dangerous.

Ferret
    Participant

I’m puzzled. I thought that this was cancelled mainly due to the negative reaction from the locals. I don’t remember any mention of a fun fairy godfather offering to do it for nothing. I’ve had a look at the forum thread from last year and no mention of it there either. One of the last posts, presumably talking about the Town centre forum says

Going by this evenings meeting it seems the events will occur, just not with the beach.There was concern about plans being made then pulled due to a perceived public backlash, and that can put off ideas being put forward by any party.

One person asked if £2k could be raised if it could still go ahead, and a cut off date was given.

Basically the feeling appeared to be no as its not worth the grief, and considering the parties in the room have previously been in favour and had been working towards (some putting money in) that was quite sad to see.

Still no mention of the offer.

Seems odd that this has turned into the Council being criticised for not doing something that they proposed but most people didn’t want them to do in the first place.

Rob
    Participant

As above – I am pretty sure the offer to do it externally came after the Council decided not to – as it was an alternative to get it done but without it being ‘the council’ doing it.

zinger
    Participant

All the gloom & doom merchants stop anything that makes life a little pleasanter. I am sure that a little good, clean, inexpensive fun that doesn’t hurt anyone would make us want to stop in town longer to shop a little & have a coffee or lunch out.

Ferret
    Participant

@zinger 14229 wrote:

Just seen on the TV the giant old lady of Liverpool, who is bringing millions of people into the city & £’s into the coffers.

A lot of people obviously prefer the ‘pool to the beach.

PhilWynn
    Participant

The children’s donkey rides were popular at yesterday’s Offa carnival. Just as popular with the Mum’s and Dad’s taking photo’s of their loved ones.

Maybe an add on attraction for the beach.

Phil Wynn

99DylanJones
    Participant

Phil
    Brilliant idea- I wonder how many H & S forms would be required to have donkey on Queens Square for Playday. Be good if you put the Offa Carnival organisors in touch with the Council Play Team

wrexview
    Participant

How can Offa Community Council have donkey rides but Wrexham County Council can’t ?

johnhoppy
    Participant

@wrexview 14264 wrote:

How can Offa Community Council have donkey rides but Wrexham County Council can’t ?

Probably because they haven’t told the H&S Squad. Well done them.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News

Updated: Firefighters called to incident at Bryn Lane recycling centre

News

Wrexham Council first in north Wales to install men’s sanitary bins in public toilets

News

Former Debenhams store in Wrexham could become trampoline park

News

Video: Wrexham market’s historic secrets are being uncovered amid refurb

News

Competition watchdog launches investigation into £2.5 billion merger between Flintshire based Redrow and Barratt

News