BREXIT Street Party

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum BREXIT Street Party

• Author

Matt
    Participant

Party Postponed.

AMA Express
    Participant

A lynching is still called a party in some countries.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=165293]A lynching is still called a party in some countries.[/quote]

Oh lovely. I realise even with some of the characters we have on this forum we can jest about this sort of thing.

But it reminds me of the nice chap on Twitter earlier who was being told where he could purchase a hi-viz yellow jacket for £3 regardless of the outcome for 29th March. He replied ‘Give me an AK47 instead’.

What interesting times we live in.

bubble
    Participant

[quote quote=165320]

A lynching is still called a party in some countries.

Oh lovely. I realise even with some of the characters we have on this forum we can jest about this sort of thing.

But it reminds me of the nice chap on Twitter earlier who was being told where he could purchase a hi-viz yellow jacket for £3 regardless of the outcome for 29th March. He replied ‘Give me an AK47 instead’.

What interesting times we live in.[/quote]

Ah yes, Twitter. I was just on there looking at what is being claimed to be the first page of the “manifesto” of the Christchurch shooter – and feeling distinctly uncomfortable about much of what he’s said. Because the same xenophobic rhetoric is often employed by others and seems to have become more commonplace in recent years and more tolerated.

He’s just a “regular White man”, “taking a stand to ensure a future for my people”, trying to “show the invaders that our lands will never be their lands”, aiming “to directly reduce immigration rates to European lands by intimidating and physically removing the invaders themselves”.

I do not recognise the “invasion” he speaks of and so it does not strike fear into me. I am, however, very concerned about people like him. His sort of beliefs are truly scary.

I read something early last year about how right wing organisations are gaining a particular foothold in Wales. I don’t remember specifically where I read it but a quick Google suggests it’s still a concern to some people at least.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46557076

Fears about the rise of right-wing extremism in Wales

limbo
    Participant

Does the Local MP know that there are parties planned?
    Because looking at his voting record on Brexit it appears he musn’t have had an invite…

WreX-iT
    Participant

[quote quote=165292]Party Postponed.[/quote]

Matt, if you voted for Ian Lucas and he won but the appointment was blocked/ delayed because the majority of Politicians wanted Andrew to win and want to have a second vote, would you feel a bit p*ssed off?

A lot of people didn’t like United being beaten by United. Should it be replayed to keep United supporters happy?

It has all turned into a VERY expensive joke. If they had blocked it two years ago then the Government could have done some REAL work instead of fannying around over a pipe dream which they didn’t want.

Another point. What about the carbon footprint Mrs May is making in her useless travels to Brussels.

WreX-iT
    Participant

BUBBLE!!!!
    REALLY?

Stop reading and STEP OUTSIDE! It is bad but not THAT bad!

Take in some sunshine (and wind) and enjoy Spring.

You need to stop worrying about sh1t that doesn’t affect you.

Matt
    Participant

WreX-IT it doesn’t look good does it. Myself & AMA commenting on the type of language issued by far right Brexiteers in the UK in terms of how they view Brexit leaving day – only hours later a sickening & saddening act to happen over in New Zealand all in the name of intolerance & hatred.

Do you honestly think it is helpful to your cause that there are those who talk of hanging politicians who don’t vote for Brexit and issuing of extremist pamphlets that have pictures of gallows on them?

I find it incredibly surprising that you can be dismissive of Bubble over such a big issue that affects everyone. Unless we stem the flow of hate from all sides then the world is not going to be the best place in the future. Unfortunately the toxicity starts online and gets whipped up and needs to be put to a halt.

As I clarified earlier those who discuss on here are interested in debate & due process rather than taking things to the extreme so I can respect that but we must pause and think carefully about how divisive issues such as Brexit are ripping the country apart. I just hope that if you do finally get the Brexit that you want that it doesn’t come at too high a cost.

Sheefag
    Participant

Matt, firstly, the only places within a days travelling distance that have a problem with a growing far right, are those within your beloved EU.

Secondly, one of the reasons why the left thankfully never, ever get too close to the levers of power in this country is an utter lack of self awareness.

Decent people turn away from the left thanks to people like yourself who would seize upon a terrorist atrocity on the other side of the world, for personal political gain.

It’s utterly shameless.

The far right are virtually non existent in the UK.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36130006

Matt
    Participant

Sheefag, I wasn’t the one to bring it up. The topic of conversation in regards to discussed extreme actions online was already in place before this happened and then the incident occurred overnight and Bubble rightly related it back to what was being discussed.

I find it absurd that you think the far right are virtually non existent in the UK.

First off, your map means nothing in this context as there is no data for the UK there so cannot really be used for a comparison.

Secondly, a large number of far right nationalists are actually Conservative voters. Generation Identity who gave our town the pleasure of a visit last year are mostly attracting young Conservative voters. James Goddard, organiser of the Yellow Vests UK – a Tory voter. That’s not to lay the blame on the Tories – plenty of others are swarming round UKIP still who have special adviser Tommy Robinson on board. There are many others politically disenfranchised who have declared they are out on the streets 29th March with their yellow vests and nobody currently knows what they are planning. I can respect a peaceful protest but I hope it does not result in violence. Hence the warning markers over the language used in the build up.

Do you completely deny that a toxic effect has been whipped up online by hate figures and the media? Or has the Overton window shifted so far that the actions of those speaking up hatred online and in the streets are now considered centrists.

It appears that we have found a blind spot in your thinking. You can try and say what you want like implications that people aren’t decent just because they have left wing views but it’s not going to wash.

What is your map seeking to deny far right activity in the UK and bolster your anti-European stance if not to garner personal political gain? If you are trying to use equivalence in the statement I was trying to make.

It’s all bollocks because there is no real personal political gain to be had online – it’s just an endless sequence of people continuously pushing their viewpoints further and further to no avail. Disagreement ad-infinitum. Neither of us are politicians so neither of us are going to win anything and there’s not even enough people on here to impress upon anyway in the grand scheme of things.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News