Brantano going – Iceland coming & Mountain Warehouse

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Brantano going – Iceland coming & Mountain Warehouse

• Author

Nick Roe
    Participant

Yes, Iceland is coming: so much for global warming. There’ve been notices on the building for some time.

I found Brantano useful but it never seemed to be busy, and there are plenty of places selling shoes.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Looks like Queens Square is starting to struggle for retail — Iceland to move, The Meat Man gone and three other shops in the block towards BHS also closed.

Rondetto
    Participant

I believe the meat man has moved his business to Oswestry. Cant see that he’ll any busier there though.

DR
    Participant

With regards to Iceland, I was under the impression that they would be keeping the shop open on Queens Square along with opening the new shop on Island Green.

Rondetto
    Participant

Correct.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@darryl 14583 wrote:

With regards to Iceland, I was under the impression that they would be keeping the shop open on Queens Square along with opening the new shop on Island Green.

Don’t see the point in keeping two stores open within such close proximity …

Alunh
    Participant

@Wrecsam_lad 14585 wrote:

Don’t see the point in keeping two stores open within such close proximity …

There may not be but this decision could be down to any range of reasons including the nature of the current Iceland lease. M & S operate two shops in Chester on opposite sides of the street and differentiate their product offer in both whilst Argos retain two Wrexham shops. It would be interesting to know their precise thinking but I remember Padgett’s Disc and Tape shop doing something similar in Wrexham when I first started years ago

lazyjack
    Participant

@Alunh 14587 wrote:

M & S operate two shops in Chester on opposite sides of the street and differentiate their product offer in both

Not any more, one has now closed. They have kept the one on the same side as HMV and Primark etc.

Danielkg
    Participant

The new Iceland will be called Food Warehouse – different to the style we know already. It will be a concept store selling various additional lines;
    Iceland to launch new Food Warehouse discount store | News | The Grocer

Iceland is planning a new discounter format, launching a new concept store on 2 September in Stoke-on-Trent offering exotic products including kangaroo steaks, crocodile burgers and shark steaks, and premium foods like whole salmon.

The new store, called The Food Warehouse, will also offer items by the caseload, including 5kg sacks of petfood, 10-litre bottles of cooking oils and other bulky wholesale-style packs, alongside the standard Iceland range.

The first store will open on the site of a former Comet in Trent Vale and three more are tipped to follow, in Wrexham, Cardiff, and on the Old Kent Road in London.

Alunh
    Participant

Interesting on M & S in Chester.

If Iceland is differentiating in Wrexham, that is good news

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News