Boring

• Author

djrus
    Participant

Had better things to do than read this for a couple of days and it is so boring! Nothing exciting happening?

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

No. It’s all running smoothly here.

How are things going at Middle Earth?

thewayneinspain
    Participant

That’s a co-incidence you turn up after 5 days away, when the email address of cllr paul davies is published and the same thread is on the subject of the brymbo development. .

Sam
    Participant

Cllr Rogers knows everything that goes on within this forum, yet never logs on here, strange.
    I bet politicians who creep around in the shadows in a run up to an election won’t get many votes!

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Do councillors really do that? Can’t stop them looking as guests but if they want my opinion they only have to ask me. I am polite, well mannered and only bite when cornered! I wonder if they find us boring lol

michellecook
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 5330 wrote:

Do councillors really do that? Can’t stop them looking as guests but if they want my opinion they only have to ask me. I am polite, well mannered and only bite when cornered! I wonder if they find us boring lol

Yes they do really do that as I found out in the midst of the Kerbcraft campaign. It’s not just councillors that do either, quite a few journalists secretly frequent the boards as well.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

@michellecook 5332 wrote:

Yes they do really do that as I found out in the midst of the Kerbcraft campaign. It’s not just councillors that do either, quite a few journalists secretly frequent the boards as well.

Is it laziness that makes journalists trawl for stories or it is that they are looking for ideas? I think I am very naive as I didn’t realise such things happened. I think I am a bit shocked which is no mean feat at my age! I thought I had seen just about everything which just goes to prove you are never too old to learn. I doubt it will stop me prattling on : )

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    Welsh Dresser;5335 wrote:
    Is it laziness that makes journalists trawl for stories or it is that they are looking for ideas? I think I am very naive as I didn’t realise such things happened. I think I am a bit shocked which is no mean feat at my age! I thought I had seen just about everything which just goes to prove you are never too old to learn. I doubt it will stop me prattling on : )

You are niave until something happens to you personally.

For me, my view of politicians changed when disgraced former AM Marek reported me to the police over comments in an internet forum when he was in bed with disgraced & banned company director Mark Guterman when the businessman was trying to buy the football club.

That’s when i leanrt the harsh lesson that policitians will do anything for power & money.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I hope nothing came of the action. I am absolutely appalled that politicians can behave this way and it can’t be proved they are spying on us as they are doing it clandestinely. Why on earth don’t they sign up and declare their interest. I would respect them more if they did.

Sam
    Participant

It’s the nature of the beast, low season, they’ll be huddled round their technology RT anything that feel good. Come high season, they’ll be kissing babies, 24/7 photo shoots.

Ask them a difficult question and they develop a well documented illness of selective answering. It’s frustrating for the people who put them in office.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News

Bring your broken items to Wrexham’s Repair Cafe this weekend!

News

Wales’ dental services at “risk of catastrophic collapse”

News

Whooping cough cases on the rise in Wales prompting urgent vaccine calls

News

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News