Another Visit, more questions to be raised !

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Another Visit, more questions to be raised !

• Author

thewayneinspain
    Participant

Cllr Paul Rogers shouldn’t be trusted with serving the public. It’s in his political interest for more affluent people moving into the area, they’re more likely to vote for tory or ukip.

Well done sam plus others..

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Pass my best wishes on to all the campaigners. I read your tweet and was so pleased that someone had seen sense that I got a bit carried away!

Sam
    Participant

Thank you Welsh Dresser for your thanks and good wishes.
    A few read this forum, but select to use anonymity on here and in our campaign.
    It’s great to let everyone have a voice and have the ability to access facts and data for themselves. Then make a judgement.
    I personally would like to thank all the well wishers of our campaign, several have contacted us via various methods.
    When I read a derogatory email or tweet, I always remember a quiet old gentleman in our community to remind me why this cause is so important.
    When he speaks, it’s almost always in the past tense, from days long ago on how it used to be. He talks about the Steelworks, the busyness of it all.
    He remembers the residents of the village that have now gone to meet their maker.
    But after all them happy Tanyfron memories, I remember the day when he showed me the pre project development plan before any blade of grass was ever touched on the site. It promises a modern , open place to live, it hints at the openness and excellent prospective available views.
    It sells itself about 300 – 400 friendly homes being integrated into the countryside and the villages of Brymbo & Tanyfron.
    The spine road was pivotal to the project, the back bone of the new development, with the possibility of a school, shops & supermarket.

Nowadays, he scowls at what’s happened in his community since the turn of the century, the promises & the lack of fulfilment, the excuses & the reasons.
    He’s seen politicians come and go, he’s seen this village give, give, give, whilst some people see fit to rape the area until there is nothing left to take.
    That look in his face is what motivates me personally, and in turn, adds fuel to our campaign.

We are not against the Spine road, we are not against the Shops, retail or industry coming.
    What we are against is the plundering of all of our communities fields and grasslands for the sake of profiteering whilst flying under the banner of doing our communities a favour. Please, ask us before telling us what we want & what we need. Ask my old gentleman friend, ask his great grand kids, ask their mother, ask the community your changing forever before deciding what we want.

Sorry for rambling a little, but bottom line, a massive thank you to all supporters.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

If I could cast a vote for the most evocative message posted on this forum your last message would win by miles. I want to hug that old man and make his unhappiness vanish but it’s not in my power to do so. I sincerely hope that you and your fellow campagners are victorious in your battle to retain Tanyfron’s identity.

zinger
    Participant

Congratulations Sam & your fellow campaigners for fighting the fight & not giving up. It is so easy to sit back & complain but not so easy to actually do something about it as you all have. Well done.

michellecook
    Participant

Well done to all concerned. :)

My granddad was originally from Brymbo, can’t imagine what he’d have made of it all.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News