Another shop closure in the town

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Another shop closure in the town

• Author

Daave63
    Participant

Yer fair do, agreed really. By the way fella, what do you know about my fence – waiting for council to fix it! Waiting – Council – fix! oh sh1t what have I said.

:)

Rondetto
    Participant

Good post Alun and that puts everything into perspective. At least private landlords will listen unlike the local council. As stated, no wonder many units are empty and may remain empty until the local council see sense.

Alunh
    Participant

The saddest thing is that the traders in the Markets and Shops have been trying for eons to get someone (anyone) in WCBC to make an effort to improve things. When I traded within the Market complex I found the operating culture unfathomable and the willingness to permit the entire part of Wrexham under Council remit to sink into oblivion incredible.

What really galls me is that the town has fantastic potential to deliver on the Manchester Met ‘Markets Matter’ concepts, to mimic Bury and to turn around what we have. Unfortunately, it has been spun differently. Instead of writing down the very long (but simple) list of what is wrong with the state of WCBC rented properties, and fixing it, an alternative solution based upon a pie and a sky is now around the corner.

Alunh
    Participant

Two similar but different stories. One is of George Best and his liver, the other Wrexham CBC and its Markets.

One of these two had everything going for it and was raking in the money. Unfortunately, not enough care and attention was given to looking after the basics and a well documented decline leading to the necessity of a transplant was required. Experts were consulted and a new organ obtained. It was not known whether the new organ would be compatible with the old.

The other was George Best

Rondetto
    Participant

[URL=http://s63.photobucket.com/user/rondetto/media/applause-1.gif.html][IMG]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h147/rondetto/applause-1.gif[/IMG][/URL]

jimbow
    Participant

The problem with the Council with regard to markets appears to me,they are above listening, together with poor market management from Economic Development. If the public get involved too heavily with questions and ideas, there is every chance you could receive a letter to tell you they could instigate the Vexatious and/ or Unreasonably Persistent Complaints Procedure against you. The Council will eventually do what they want.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Jimbow – you have missed one stage which is if you are seen to be asking questions which are not in line with a predefined course of action by Senior managers/Members then they do there best to discredit the questioner- this seems to apply to Council Staff as well as external. Operational staff who are the ones that know what the issues are who stand up on issues are then instructed to see their line manager to be brought into line. If you look at any of the Executive Board web casts you can see the same thing happening with Council Members.

Rex Ham
    Participant

On the subject of closures, I notice the “Real China” restaurant in Eagles Meadow has closed and is up for rent.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News