A5/A483

• Author

Andy
    Participant

Once again another serious incident on this road again today. Another fatality yesterday.
    A redesign of this road was highlited 10+ years ago but nothing is ever done.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=165603]Once again another serious incident on this road again today. Another fatality yesterday.
    A redesign of this road was highlited 10+ years ago but nothing is ever done.[/quote]

Is it not the drivers on the road, & not the roads fault ? maybe the same can be said of the post house roundabout, seems to be more and more accidents everywhere.

Matt
    Participant

MP1953 – a redesign of the road 10 years ago? It’s been used as a public highway since Roman Times – so it’s got around 2,000 years of designated experience with traffic of sorts. Tells you everything you need to know about the mentality of modern drivers and not the road itself.

WreX-iT
    Participant

[quote quote=165615]MP1953 – a redesign of the road 10 years ago? It’s been used as a public highway since Roman Times – so it’s got around 2,000 years of designated experience with traffic of sorts. Tells you everything you need to know about the mentality of modern drivers and not the road itself.[/quote]

Bloody Romans! Great at the time but no forward thinking

bubble
    Participant

Maybe something could be done similar to the A525 and A5104 roads around Llandegla and Bryneglwys. Efforts have been made to force drivers to drive more slowly. Those roads now have reduced speed limits, average speed cameras, and big sobering road signs that say things like “5 fatalities in 2 years” or “40 serious accidents in 5 years” (I don’t remember the specific numbers quoted). I don’t know whether it’s helped – it may be a few years before a proper comparison can be made of number of accidents before and after the changes were made. I’m quite surprised at how much effort has been put into trying to make those roads safer. Maybe this is done on lots of roads now, though these are the only ones I’ve seen it on.

dagg
    Participant

A lot of drivers don’t look at road signs and look where they are going, that is why they have accidents.

AMA Express
    Participant

A lot of drivers look at road signs and don’t look where they are going, that is why they have accidents.

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=166031]A lot of drivers look at road signs and don’t look where they are going, that is why they have accidents.[/quote]

Thanks just realised what I had done, not looking what I was doing.

AMA Express
    Participant

Too busy reading the signs ?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News

Updated: Firefighters called to incident at Bryn Lane recycling centre

News

Wrexham Council first in north Wales to install men’s sanitary bins in public toilets

News

Former Debenhams store in Wrexham could become trampoline park

News

Video: Wrexham market’s historic secrets are being uncovered amid refurb

News

Competition watchdog launches investigation into £2.5 billion merger between Flintshire based Redrow and Barratt

News