A win over England and abruptly, the sound ceased

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A win over England and abruptly, the sound ceased

• Author

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

Is anyone else enjoying a quiet morning in the work place? My English colleagues who were telling me about rolling Wales over on Saturday and going on to win the Grand Slam have suddenly become mute.

The sun is out, Wrexham are top the table and the roads are quiet because of half term.

Have a lovely week everyone! Cymru Am Byth!

zinger
    Participant

Google News haven’t shown newspaper comments. Funny how the pundits on TV say that England played badly rather than Wales played a blinder. Brilliant result.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

It makes me laugh how they play “God Save The queen” for England which is supposed to be the ‘national’ anthem.

Newspapers have always put Welsh results in a small hidden column even when they win the competition or Grand Slam. English performance always takes priority no matter how bad they are.

I will cease after this but the media also like to call ‘english’ sporting types ‘english’ but to use an example, Scottish people like Andrew Murray are “BRITISH”!

jimbow
    Participant

It makes me laugh over the North South divide in our own country.

WonkoTheSane
    Participant

Scottish people like Andrew Murray are “BRITISH”!

Yes, but only while winning. Once they lose, then they go back to being Scots.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=164379]It makes me laugh over the North South divide in our own country.[/quote]

I think sporting events where we get to bash the English collectively is one of the few things that does unite the Welsh and get rid of the North South divide.

Sheefag
    Participant

Having spent time living in both locations, I can confidently say there is no North/South divide, at least not as the North would like to see it.

The North, or to be specific, the NorthEast, is bitter and resentful towards the successful South.
    Whilst the South, doesn’t even think about the North.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News