A Thank You (Gwenfro Ward)

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A Thank You (Gwenfro Ward)

• Author

Conde
    Participant

Hello everyone, I’m sure some of you outside of Southsea will end up reading this at some point, however this is mainly my address to residents of Southsea (Gwenfro ward).

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you to all those I’ve spoken to during the build up and throughout the campaign. Many of you know me through family members – Mrs Conde the dinner lady perhaps. Sadly she’s no longer with us and my apple crumbles do not even compare to hers!

However, I’m pleased that everyone I’ve spoken to has engaged. Whether they have/will vote/d is an added extra. To rebuild trust in local politics (and politics as a whole) we must first understand that we actually have to speak to people. Many fantastic ideas have been discussed that hopefully we can engage further after Thursday (Regardless of if I’m a councillor at this point or not). Ideas have included certain one way areas, ways to improve quality of life for our elderly residents, lessons to learn in order to reduce ASB are just a small sample of those discussed.

I’m also glad that those who’ve approached me to look at certain issues (so far!) have all seemed pleased at the outcomes. I hope I can continue this.

To my opponents, you’ve improved the quality of democracy in the local area and I hope we can all work together to improve the ward and county in the future regardless of the outcome.

My final message to everybody (whether you are in Southsea or not) is to vote on Thursday. Without the voter’s support, the entire system crumbles.

Here’s to the future.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News

Bring your broken items to Wrexham’s Repair Cafe this weekend!

News

Wales’ dental services at “risk of catastrophic collapse”

News

Whooping cough cases on the rise in Wales prompting urgent vaccine calls

News

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News