A message for young 'Climate Strikers'

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A message for young 'Climate Strikers'

• Author

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=175614]The difference is though Matt that we already own these things. If plastic is so bad businesses should be banned from making it. As consumers the only way we can do anything is to stop buying it. Been reading about how washing clothes is adding to the problem too.[/quote]

E-waste is a major global problem – people view mobile phones and other technology as disposable and just throw them in the bin when they are done with them and something newer comes out. Even the majority of recycled phones end of not being disposed in an environmentally friendly manner.

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/recycle-cellphones-ewaste-what-happens/

If you’re going to go after kids pastimes like Halloween – then you’re going to have to go after just about everything in modern life.

Like food to stay fresh in the fridge? Plastic packaging. A drink when you’re out? Plastic packaging. Something sent to you in the post? Then there’s the amount of packaging the likes of McDonald’s produces for every single meal….

Councillor X
    Participant

After a day at Wethers, Fat Daz did his bit for that extinction group and launched a dirty process on the bus to Rhos.

zinger
    Participant

I was pleased to find reusable bags in Sainsbury’s for vegetables. I think that this is a great idea. Made out of recycled plastic bottles & when no longer usable can be recycled once again with fabrics. I would rather use recycled plastic that is already in the system than buy new plastics.

I have been concerned about the use of plastic for years, well before it became the in-thing to be worried about.

It is probably to do with being a grandparent & worrying about the legacy we are leaving behind for the next generation.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News

Bring your broken items to Wrexham’s Repair Cafe this weekend!

News

Wales’ dental services at “risk of catastrophic collapse”

News

Whooping cough cases on the rise in Wales prompting urgent vaccine calls

News

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News