Posted: Fri 4th Apr 2014

19-Year-Old Wrexham Man Jailed For Rape for people living in or visiting the Wrexham area
This article is old - Published: Friday, Apr 4th, 2014

A 19-year-old man from Wrexham has been jailed for rape.

Dewi John Davies appeared before Mold Crown Court today and was sentenced in connection with offences of rape against a young female in Wrexham during 2012.

He was sentenced to 6 years imprisonment.

Investigating officer DC Jane Bowyer-Jones of the North Wales Police in acknowledging the sentence said it was important to send out a strong message that the North Wales Police and the Courts will not tolerate offences of this nature. DC Bowyer-Jones thanked the Crown Prosecution Service for their guidance in the case and also praised the victim who had the courage and resolve to stand up to her perpetrator.

DC Bowyer-Jones concluded: “It is important to reassure all sections of the community that North Wales Police will provide the appropriate specialist support to assist victims through every stage of the process. North Wales Police takes matters of this nature very seriously and will vigorously pursue offenders and bring them to justice”

Spotted something? Got a story? Email [email protected]

Have a look at...

Investigation launched after silent soldier memorial vandalised

First ever Wrexham City Carnival and Wrexham Proms in the Park taking place tomorrow!

Trevor Arms to close its doors for final time this weekend

Appeal after car stolen from supermarket car park

“Ministers are responsible for their own data” say First Minister as questioned again over Blythyn sacking

Wrexham graduate becomes first female Special Constable to carry Taser in North Wales

Residents hit out at “confusing” cuts to village bus service

Opioids leading factor in drug-related deaths in Wales

New grant funding to re-energise Wrexham city centre buildings

A view from Wrexham’s Member of the Senedd

Swing into the 1940s with D-Day Darlings at Bellevue Park!

Nation.Cymru confirms Flintshire politician was not source of leaked messages