Wrexham shops in same place as 1991…

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham shops in same place as 1991…

• Author

Bluesteel
    Participant

Was watching this interesting video of a drive around Wrexham in 1988 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqUridJGQrs)

Got me thinking of what Wrexham shops and businesses are still in the same place today. So I can only think of McDonalds, LLoyds bank and New Wave on Charles St.

What shop/business in the town has been in the same place for the longest time?

I’m sure there are some more, but of course I think the town had much greater range of shops and services then vs today.

Andy
    Participant

Ko Sing, JacK WilKinson garage, Walker tobacconists Brook street.
    Henry’s (Man’s world)
    Marrubbi’s Cafe
    Pubs will be the oldest. Golden Lion been there since 1670.

Born Acorn
    Participant

TSB is in the same place, though it spent quite some time as the second Lloyds TSB branch before they were split.

Edit: Also technically Tesco, though they completely reconfigured the site when the Holt Road roundabout was redesigned.

wrexview
    Participant

Amazing how many people heading for the open Monday market on the site of Eagles Meadow.

Rex Ham
    Participant

Grove Park Theatre on Hill St has been in the same place since the 1950’s

zinger
    Participant

Hales on Bank Street have been there for as long as I can remember & the furniture shop on Yorke Street.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

North Wales MS backs campaign for law to create a smoke free Wales

News

Here is a chance to land your dream job as a rhino keeper at Chester Zoo

News

North Wales university using VR to give students valuable insight into coercive control

News

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News