Wrexham council

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham council

• Author

pet7711
    Participant

The council members who voted to stop grass cutting should be ashamed of themselves and voters should remember that they are the people put them there.They have an obligation to represent the wishes of the people. Not only does the borough look terrible with overgrown grass, there could be danger on the roads, lack of grass land for children to play and unhygienic. Have councillors had to try to clean dogs mess in the long grass and before people make adverse comments dogs have to go somewhere. It’s obvious that when the grass is eventually cut it will take longer and will the council’s machines be able to manage? Perhaps the portion of the council tax allocated to the villages should be axed if we are not getting the services we thought we had paid for.

beedar
    Participant

I was talking to a local councillor last night and he said that this is just a tiny bit of the iceberg and we have no idea of the devastating cuts that are to follow

MP1953
    Participant

@beedar 13099 wrote:

I was talking to a local councillor last night and he said that this is just a tiny bit of the iceberg and we have no idea of the devastating cuts that are to follow

I would not argue at all with this statement, I don’t profess to know all the facts
    and figures with regards to the finances in Wrexham, but from travelling around into other areas quite a lot, there does not appear to be the same consequences in other areas as to what is happening in Wrexham, I have stated on here before Wrexham is being decimated :(

lazyjack
    Participant

I think the amount of services that the council are cutting in order to save the required amount of money shows how badly WCBC has been run for a number of years. The amount of money that has been wasted is frightening.

I don’t really want to pay more council tax but I’d rather pay say an extra £10-£15 a month if the money was spent sensibly. After coming back from holiday I could not believe how scruffy the Wrexham area looks.

As stated above, the whole town is being decimated and I just can’t see any way forward with WCBC.

MP1953
    Participant

@lazyjack 13102 wrote:

I think the amount of services that the council are cutting in order to save the required amount of money shows how badly WCBC has been run for a number of years. The amount of money that has been wasted is frightening.

I don’t really want to pay more council tax but I’d rather pay say an extra £10-£15 a month if the money was spent sensibly. After coming back from holiday I could not believe how scruffy the Wrexham area looks.

As stated above, the whole town is being decimated and I just can’t see any way forward with WCBC.

I would put a double like on this observation if I could, spot on. :):)

WrecsamGirl
    Participant

The council have been wasting money for years, they are woefully incompetent and would rather spend on none essential rubbish like the live traffic signs near the town centre car parks, which never work most of the time anyway, than things that are of value to the public like Leisure services and community centres.

How can we have pride in our community when it looks such a mess?

locallad
    Participant

Wrexham council go on about having to save money,why do they Throw so much money at all these places for the Alleged Homeless.Because of all these Facilities here it has Attracted all sort of Undesirables into the Town.You see them from early in the Morning,until late at night either drinking Alcohol or Bomb out of their heads on Drugs.
    They Waste £300,000 a year on PCSOs.As a Full Council tax payer,i pay enough to the police,but no they want more money off the people of Wrexham,so these pcsos can ride around in Police cars.What could be done with that £300,000.What could be Done with both of those Budgets put together.

BenjaminM
    Participant

I think you may have a fault on your Caps lock!

wxm
    Participant

The reality is:

The GVA / GDP for Wrexham per head as a percentage of UK average in 1997 was 99.4% … in 2011 was 85.4% … a drop of 14%

If we produce £10bn a year, we’re missing £1,400,000,000 out of the economy.

£10,000 per head of population in the County.

That would pay for so much.

justjojo2011
    Participant

In terms of cuts and what is going to be cut and what is likely to be cut, I find grass cutting the least of our worries. I am not at all concerned about a bit of long grass. There are far more worrying cuts being made that should get far more concern.

@pet7711 13098 wrote:

The council members who voted to stop grass cutting should be ashamed of themselves and voters should remember that they are the people put them there.They have an obligation to represent the wishes of the people. Not only does the borough look terrible with overgrown grass, there could be danger on the roads, lack of grass land for children to play and unhygienic. Have councillors had to try to clean dogs mess in the long grass and before people make adverse comments dogs have to go somewhere. It’s obvious that when the grass is eventually cut it will take longer and will the council’s machines be able to manage? Perhaps the portion of the council tax allocated to the villages should be axed if we are not getting the services we thought we had paid for.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Two former North Wales Police officers to be barred from policing after misconduct hearing

News

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News