why is there so much crime in Wrexham compared to the rest of north wales?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum why is there so much crime in Wrexham compared to the rest of north wales?

• Author

emiledurkheim
    Participant

I see that more police are to patrol our streets in order to reduce high crime rates in our town. I was wondering why there is Wrexham such a crime hot spot and what can be done to reduce the amount of criminal activities endured the inhabitants of our fair town. It seems that not much has changed since the Guardian in 2000 described Wrexham as a ‘Wild West’ border town.http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/jul/04/ukcrime.drugsandalcohol

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=106020]I see that more police are to patrol our streets in order to reduce high crime rates in our town. I was wondering why there is Wrexham such a crime hot spot and what can be done to reduce the amount of criminal activities endured the inhabitants of our fair town. It seems that not much has changed since the Guardian in 2000 described Wrexham as a ‘Wild West’ border town.http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/jul/04/ukcrime.drugsandalcohol

[/quote]

Maybe the new Arts Center (hub thing) will help in this respect, the inhabitants of our fair town will be queuing up to get in there instead of committing crimes. Ummm Mmmmm Mmmmm !

cmaj76
    Participant

[quote quote=106020]I see that more police are to patrol our streets in order to reduce high crime rates in our town. I was wondering why there is Wrexham such a crime hot spot and what can be done to reduce the amount of criminal activities endured the inhabitants of our fair town. It seems that not much has changed since the Guardian in 2000 described Wrexham as a ‘Wild West’ border town.http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/jul/04/ukcrime.drugsandalcohol

[/quote]

It would be good to see an up to date report rather than one which is 16 years old.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=106043]

I see that more police are to patrol our streets in order to reduce high crime rates in our town. I was wondering why there is Wrexham such a crime hot spot and what can be done to reduce the amount of criminal activities endured the inhabitants of our fair town. It seems that not much has changed since the Guardian in 2000 described Wrexham as a ‘Wild West’ border town.http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/jul/04/ukcrime.drugsandalcohol

It would be good to see an up to date report rather than one which is 16 years old.

[/quote]

I doubt it would be much different now, although you could add Arson to the list now !!

Sheefag
    Participant

It’s always been a rough town.
    I blame the wrong kind of Pie & Chips, me.

TaffyBoy75
    Participant

I believe there are a number of reasons.

1) Gateway into north wales from merseryside
    2) Large council estate
    3) Poorly run area

You can only appreciate just how bad Wrexham is once you move from the area and see how much better many places are. People who have lived there for years are no longer shocked or appalled at the area. Instead they just accept it as normal and think everywhere is that dirty and crime ridden.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham