Waiting Times In Ambulances at Maelor Hospital

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Waiting Times In Ambulances at Maelor Hospital

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

It is obvious that this is a management problem, but unfortunately while Ambulances are tied up outside A&E , they are not available to answer emergencies and therefore people’s lives are potential being put at risk. I suggest out local AM Health Minister Lesley Griffiths meets with both the Welsh Ambulance Authority and Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board to find a solution. We all rely on an ambulance in an emergency.

gazwxm
    Participant

I think there are a few issues here, first of all no one is left waiting outside the hospital who is seriously ill. Secondly if you compare the Maelor with the countess of Chester and Glan clywd then you’ll find the waiting times at the Maelor to be a lot better.

The demand for beds in hospital will get worse every year from now on, due to peoples lifestyles, also if there are no beds on the wards, A and E has to take the slack and care for people until a space becomes available, it’s a huge game of chess. The result is sometimes people having to wait either in the waiting room or in the back of an ambulance.

wrexview
    Participant

Children’s and Maternity services at the Maelor Hospital are still under threat too. We should all be concerned about the consequences if these services are downgraded or moved to another part of North Wales.

justjojo2011
    Participant

I don’t get it. Why are hospital services being cut when we are paying out millions to dossers who don’t want to get out of bed in the morning? Why are they being cut when we are paying for people to come from everywhere else in the world for medical treatment? I don’t get it. Clearly politics is not for me lol

wrexview
    Participant

The bottom line is always money or the lack of it. It makes me wonder whether we would be better paying for prescriptions. Now before everyone shoots me down in flames , remember children , pensioners and certain diseases all have free prescriptions and there was always an option to buy an annual subscription. When free prescriptions were introduced the cost was 30 million per year , I wonder how much it is now? My point is could this money be put to be use in the Welsh Health Service ?

justjojo2011
    Participant

@wrexview 1365 wrote:

The bottom line is always money or the lack of it. It makes me wonder whether we would be better paying for prescriptions. Now before everyone shoots me down in flames , remember children , pensioners and certain diseases all have free prescriptions and there was always an option to buy an annual subscription. When free prescriptions were introduced the cost was 30 million per year , I wonder how much it is now? My point is could this money be put to be use in the Welsh Health Service ?

Paying for prescriptions is why I never took any of the medication I was prescribed lol. But I do see where you are coming from. Money is always going to be the biggest issue our health service faces and lets be honest, there are a lot of things that go on within the NHS that could be completely abolished. I also think that those who are really high earners should be made to go private. The money it would cost them would be mere peanuts to them. And I know I would probably get shot down in flames lol.. but the likes of politicians should go private for the money they earn.

NJones
    Participant

Not to mention the national patient database project shelved after £11.4 billion was spent!

wrexview
    Participant

This thread was started over two years ago and this situation is still the same . Good to see the Leader has caught up with it today and discovered how bad the problem is in Wales compared to England !

Steve
    Participant

@wrexview 13978 wrote:

This thread was started over two years ago and this situation is still the same . Good to see the Leader has caught up with it today and discovered how bad the problem is in Wales compared to England !

I only just noticed the post dates, thought the thread was started because of the leader story. :confused:

Rob
    Participant

@Steve 13981 wrote:

I only just noticed the post dates, thought the thread was started because of the leader story. :confused:

No, its an ongoing thing since 2012 :) or should that be :(

One dataset worth a look at is https://statswales.wales.gov.uk/Catalogue/Health-and-Social-Care/NHS-Performance/Ambulance-Services/AmbulanceCallsAndEmergencyResponses-by-Area-CategoryOfCall which has its recent refresh to May this year.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Housing association to invest £1 million in job creation and growth

News

Women with gynaecological cancers in Wales “being let down at every step of the journey”

News

First Minister fires Blythyn over leaks – “I did not, nor have I ever leaked anything” she replies

News

Childcare providers at risk of closure due to funding rates, Senedd committee warns

News

How to Minimise Downtime During an Office Relocation in London

News

How to Become a Hand Model: Essential Skills and Care Techniques

News