Unite The Union Community Members.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Unite The Union Community Members.

• Author

Bigmike
    Participant
    Hello everyone!

I’ve only just learnt about this forum so I hope no one minds me posting this in here, it’s a little political.

Anyway, I’m trying to find out if there is any other members of Unite The Union’s Community membership in Wrexham, if so I would be very grateful if you could get in contact as i’m in the process of becoming our Community Activist for Wrexham so I want to get people sorted and organised.

Also saying that, If you are out of work (Unemployed, retired, student) and you are interested in becoming a member of Unite’s community please just give me a shout and i’ll help you out with that.

Thank you for your time.

Michael.

Annabelle
    Participant

Hi! I am a UNITE member, and I have always been a member of a union, but because my dues are paid by direct debit, I have never been invited to a meeting, but the legal advice service has been excellent for several problems that I have had in the past.

I have read about the community membership, and have suggested to friends and family that joining would be a very good idea – especially as the forthcoming “austerity” measures (Universal Credit) will have a terrible effect on our communities – the cuts, bedroom taxes, accepting workfare or having up to three year sanctions ……. no wonder we need a Foodbank in Wrexham!

How do people join? Do they go to the Wrexham UNITE office in Chester Street? What are the opening times?

Bigmike
    Participant

Hello and sorry about my delay.

I agree, the community membership is a good idea with the upcoming attacks.

For people to join they can do it online here Community membership

There’s a link at the bottom of the page.

If you do get anyone to join please can you ask them to email me at [email protected] I would be very interested in talking to them and helping if I can.

As for the Wrexham office, I was at a meeting there the other week, they are re-opening it on a test run, it will be open mon-fri between 10am-1pm.

If you have any more questions please email myself on the above email.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham

News

North Wales MS backs campaign for law to create a smoke free Wales

News

Here is a chance to land your dream job as a rhino keeper at Chester Zoo