Town Centre Road Works

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Town Centre Road Works

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

What is the purpose of these town centre roadworks? Is it anything to do with the Taith funding to make it quicker for the Chester Bus to get to the bus station?

Rondetto
    Participant

Don’t know but the traffic is from Grosvenor road roundabout to way past Asda at the moment.

wrexview
    Participant

For over two weeks now workmen have been laying new Tarmac to the pavements and driveways of Acton Gate and a very good job they are doing. Surely though priority should be given to repairing the main roads across the County Borough, many of which are in dire need of at least the pot holes being filled. Do they prioritise roads over pavements, or are there separate budgets for roads and pavements ?

Iceman
    Participant

It’s about time we had a proper ring road which didn’t get blocked everytime there was the slightest roadwork or busy spell.

MP1953
    Participant

@wrexview 15531 wrote:

For over two weeks now workmen have been laying new Tarmac to the pavements and driveways of Acton Gate and a very good job they are doing. Surely though priority should be given to repairing the main roads across the County Borough, many of which are in dire need of at least the pot holes being filled. Do they prioritise roads over pavements, or are there separate budgets for roads and pavements ?

You are correct with regards to priorities, but having lived in close proximity to Acton Gate all my life, I can never remember it being tarmaced before (which is a few years ;) ) in my life time, so I guess it was due ..:)

harry
    Participant

How long are these road works for?

DR
    Participant

@harry 15535 wrote:

How long are these road works for?

We popped a query in with Wrexham Council earlier and were told: “It is anticipated that work will take no more than seven days to complete.”

jok
    Participant

Rhosddu Road roundabout is such a busy one, especially during the day time. Why couldn’t this work be carried out in the evenings and re-open during the day? Or even lessen the problem in the day by carrying out the work in the college/school half term break, which is only three weeks later. Who makes these decisions? I could do a better job for free!!!!!!!!

Travis Bickle
    Participant

The bus station coupled with the Yale ( Cambria? ) coaches might as well offer one way tickets to Utter Bedlam crossing Total Gridlock.

GVC
    Participant

@MP1953 15533 wrote:

You are correct with regards to priorities, but having lived in close proximity to Acton Gate all my life, I can never remember it being tarmaced before (which is a few years ;) ) in my life time, so I guess it was due ..:)

I too live close to Acton Gate and I know these paths haven’t been done for over 45years and the kerbs are over 100 years old and sinking. Our local councillor has been trying to get these done for 18 months and it will be fantastic to finally have a usable safe surface. We have a few partially sighted people who couldn’t even walk along this area as it was too unsafe for them, I think things get done as and when needed and on a priority basis I guess it’s just our turn. :)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham