Planning Meeting Web Cast

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Planning Meeting Web Cast

• Author

DR
    Participant

Just a reminder that there’s a planning meeting web cast at 6:30 tonight. Link below:

Home – Wrexham Council Webcasts

BenjaminM
    Participant

Had the misfortune (or stupidity) to tune in to the Planning Meeting webcast.
    I was astounded by how inarticulate some of the Councillor’s were in their ‘contributions’ to the meeting and that the content of their submissions were lacking in any depth of understanding.
    If gave me a real opportunity to observe the lack of democratic decision making, as it appeared that all decisions were made prior to the meeting and that ‘discussion’ was purely for show.
    My lack of faith was further compounded by reading the coverage on this site of the Exec Board meeting, yesterday.
    If it is an accurate reflection of proceedings, the very concept of trying to involve private sector car park providers in setting the same parking charges as WCBC, is at best naive, and at it’s worst, crass stupidity.
    It is the same as saying that shop A must charge the same for a product as shop B. Considering that Private parking provision as opposed to Council is in a ratio of 4:1, the chance of this brainwave initiative being taken up is as likely as decisions being made on the merit of an application or topic.

CerysHughes
    Participant

I think the parking debate about 4:1 hides the problem of Wrexham Council’s charges.

if you go down the route of 4:1 ratio and remember that wrexham council run two thirds of all paying car parks: It means the average cost of a daytime 2 hour stint in a wrexham car park is about 0.67p and WCBC car parks are higher at around £1.30.

Personally I think discussion on car parking and car parks are a symptom not a cause of Wrexham Town Centre’s economic problems. That being that the council with other stakeholders (WAG, Westminister, local and global businesses etc) have failed in helping the local economy in increasing the disposable incomes of local wrexham families.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham