Parking Charge Tickets In Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Parking Charge Tickets In Wrexham

• Author

justjojo2011
    Participant

Whilst I agree that these ticket schemes are ridiculous, I do understand why they enforce them. While people park they to go off into town, they are losing business, especially on weekends because people doing their shopping can’t park.

But I agree with Acorn, if it’s not issued by police or council, tell them to shove it.

But at the end of the day, supermarket car parks are there for supermarket customers and I don’t see how anyone can take longer than 2 hours to do their shopping. My nan was 85 when she died and didn’t take 2 hours doing her shopping and she didn’t know where anything was. Maybe if they stopped spending an hour chatting in the aisles and blocking everywhere off?

But i think if you’re going into town, then go into town. Maybe we should all start using public transport while we still have it because before long, half the buses will be taken off and no one will be able to get anywhere.

NJones
    Participant

Not everyone can complete their shopping in 2 hours. Tesco’s raised their parking limit from 2 hours to 3 hours some years ago after protests from disabled shoppers. The signs were updated with a bodged sticker covering the 2 to 3. I’m not sure how they look now?

My father in law is a blue badge holder and recently got a ticket in Gobowen Hospital while he was attending an appointment. He was unable to find a disabled bay so parked on double yellows. This is allowed for badge holders- provided they are not causing a obstruction. He was given a ticket by another private company. He paid it before telling us or I would have advised him to bin it.

NJones
    Participant

@justjojo2011 1172 wrote:

Maybe we should all start using public transport while we still have it because before long, half the buses will be taken off and no one will be able to get anywhere.

Using public transport is too expensive! In the current financial climate people won’t pay £1.70 to travel from places like Gresford to town, and then have to pay the same to get home. Most people using public transport these days hold free passes or don’t drive. Maybe the supermarkets should approach the local authority to try and get this improved rather than spend their money employing private companies that use underhand tactics.

Darlofan
    Participant

@justjojo2011 1172 wrote:

Whilst I agree that these ticket schemes are ridiculous, I do understand why they enforce them. While people park they to go off into town, they are losing business, especially on weekends because people doing their shopping can’t park.

I seriously doubt supermarkets lose business because people can’t park. I’ve never gone to one and had to leave because there are no spaces. I have had to drive around Tescos a couple of times at Xmas time because of trying to get too close to the store though. The only solution as suggested before is to have a barrier and your ticket gets validated in store.
    The other thing is supermarkets like people parking and going into town as the majority of them pop into the supermarket on their way back to the car to pick up a few things, something they wouldn’t do if they’d parked in town.

Darlofan
    Participant

@justjojo2011 1165 wrote:

See this is the difference then Chris, because I don’t use a car and pump all that polution into the area… I use the bus, get off the bus and get back on the bus. The supermarket car parks are there for people to use the supermarkets. That’s why they’re free.

Perhaps you could use public transport to visit town or do like they did only 30 or 40 years ago.. walk (and yes i know that’s not an option for everyone).

So instead of jumping in my car(staying nice and dry), driving for 10minutes, doing my shopping, putting it in the car, driving home right to my front door, unload shopping nice and easy. I have to walk to the bus stop(in all weathers) spend 30minutes getting to town, walk to tescos, do shopping walk back to bus stop(with 6or7 bags), 30minutes on bus back, struggle back home with all the bags,unload shopping, probably soaked wet through, kn@@@ered and lost a few hours of my life just to save myself £1 or there abouts and keep the “greenies” happy.
    Brilliant bring back the 60’s:D

Andy
    Participant

I got one of these invoices from Total parking solutions at Central retail park. IT used to be 2 hours free parking and then TPS changed the T+C’s and said that I left the site on foot for 10 minutes and owe them £75! Yea right! I have had 7 threatograms from them. Final warning, final warning, another final warning (We mean it this time!) Another final warning, we are taking you to court! BLA BLA.
    The fact is a lot of PPC’s have never sued anyone. TPS and NCP are 2 of them.
    If you get one of these, ignore them. Do not appeal. The appeal is there for you to inform them who was driving. They only know who the registered keeper is and you don’t have to tell them who was driving. The whole parking industry is in doubt at the moment after some court rulings.

Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking – MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Andy
    Participant

@NJones 1173 wrote:

My father in law is a blue badge holder and recently got a ticket in Gobowen Hospital while he was attending an appointment. He was unable to find a disabled bay so parked on double yellows. This is allowed for badge holders- provided they are not causing a obstruction. He was given a ticket by another private company. He paid it before telling us or I would have advised him to bin it.

Double yellows on private land are nothing more than fancy paint and have no legal meaning.

paul bearer
    Participant

Does all this mean the £50 ticket I got when I was spotted ‘Leaving the site’ wasn’t legal and I shouldn’t have paid it? I was parked at the Matalan car park. (They certainly won’t get any more custom from me).

Andy
    Participant

Hi Paul. It is deemed if signage is correct, that you entered into a contract by parking and you breached the contract by leaving on foot. The “ticket” was an invitation to pay or be sued for breach of contract in court. The odds of being taken to court and them beating you are extremely slim. Private parking companies have won a few cases and lost loads. They try to scare you into paying with claims of costs escalating but the facts are in the small claims court, costs are not awarded. They will send scary letters saying you owe them £200 or so which is all bluff and bluster. They cannot affect your credit rating or send bailiffs to your house.
    Ignore but save any invoices from private parking companies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAIcdi9niHA

Andy
    Participant
Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Castle Green hands over Rhosrobin affordable homes to North Wales Housing Association

News

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Andy Dunbobbin – Labour and Co-operative Party candidate

News

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News

North Wales MS supports call for national brain tumour strategy

News