Maesgwyn Miners Rescue Centre

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Maesgwyn Miners Rescue Centre

• Author

Rob
    Participant

Welcome to the forums Jamie – and thanks for taking part and engaging!

@jamie 4297 wrote:

regarding the future, we have to look at the issues from the planning meeting and see if they can be changed and re-submit or put in a completely different use and plans. at the moment it has planning permission as offices but half the office spaces in wrexham are already empty and not needed. any ideas would be welcome, i know some people will say about greedy property developers, but whatever it turns into it has to financial pay for the repairs that need carrying out.

Regarding the planning meeting, what can be done about the parking issue that quite a few councillors were worried about?

It seems the plot itself is not big enough to meet requirements however its a catch 22 as it was pointed out as office use would probably generate more traffic!

jamie
    Participant

sorry if i have misled you , it is not my intention. we have standard agreement for buying development sites drawn up by solicitors that the agreed purchase price does not get paid until planning is approved. i guess i should have wrote “less than the money we intend to pay him”.

jamie
    Participant

hi rob, it is a difficult site. if we openned it as offices next week it could have a potential for over 20 vehicles, if it was openned as a museum the vehicle traffic could be just as high.

jamie
    Participant

i think for whatever use that the miners is used for the parking guidlines will have to bend slightly otherwise the building will be left in its current position forever

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    jamie;4306 wrote:
    i think for whatever use that the miners is used for the parking guidlines will have to bend slightly otherwise the building will be left in its current position forever

or you could say that if dickens repaired it and sold it at a reasonable price, it wouldn’t be in its current position.

Incidently, do you know how much dickens paid for it?

and can you prove that you have a standard agreement?

zinger
    Participant

Are you willing to meet a legal guarantee that you will repair the training galleries before any student accommodation is let? Will you publish the offer made to North Wales Miners Trust? Is it true that you are repairing the roof after receiving a final warning?

jamie
    Participant

Saddly the damage to the rear is not the only decay it has sufferred. constant breakins, being used by the homeless,drug ussers, metal thefts, malicious damage and the fact that sorry its 100 years old have paid a high price on the building.
    from what my solicitor said the last purchase price was over 200k.
    If i did ever have to prove it is available but my legal contracts are not going to get posted on here.sorry.

Chris
    Participant

Ha ha knew this would be the line used in fact think it was written down somewhere just after it was illegally partly destroyed, in fact when I spoke to the chief planning officer last year I made clear to him that the interim repairs would not be carried out and that ultimate aim would be to destroy this historic part of Wrexham and Wales by neglect.
    Thank you for confirming this plan of action The Mines Rescue to become 2013’s Queen Street.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    jamie;4310 wrote:
    Saddly the damage to the rear is not the only decay it has sufferred. constant breakins, being used by the homeless,drug ussers, metal thefts, malicious damage and the fact that sorry its 100 years old have paid a high price on the building.
    from what my solicitor said the last purchase price was over 200k.
    If i did ever have to prove it is available but my legal contracts are not going to get posted on here.sorry.

then you can’t prove that it was a standard agreement. you are misleading again.

can you prove that that dickens paid 200k for it?

“have paid” means past tense, You haven’t paid anything for it yet, please do not mislead.

jamie
    Participant

hi zinger, we did look at possible contracts over the way the development was carried out but for financial reasons we needed to carry it out in three sections. after each section was completed profit would be used to carry out the the next section. we simply dont have the funds to complete the full development at ounce. I dont really want to get involved in publishing other offers but if someone else wanted to look im sure the answers are out there. with regards to damage to the rear builing it has took longer than we would have wanted. Yes we are partly to blame.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham

News

North Wales MS backs campaign for law to create a smoke free Wales

News

Here is a chance to land your dream job as a rhino keeper at Chester Zoo

News

North Wales university using VR to give students valuable insight into coercive control

News