Guildhall Car Park

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Guildhall Car Park

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Now that Councillors will have a car parking permit , which presumable will be valid in all Council car parks 365 days a year, will the Council now open the Guildhall car park to the public for seven days a week ? This would potentially increase revenue, which might allow the toilets to open in Nant Mill on a Bank Holiday or the reinstatement of music lessons.

Idris
    Participant

So Councillors and Staff pay £100 a year and get to park where they want?

So they can park for (almost) free and take up a space which could be earning £3 or £4?

So isnt this just costing us a lot more money?

So wrexview, losing money would mean less toilets open, so be prepared to do like a bear and poo in the woods. Cue the comedy music …. oh no, we cant afford the music!!!

So there!

Peterthewatcher
    Participant

This is nothing more than a PR exercise to make out that Councillors are paying out of their allowance — of course they are not as they are entitled to claim expenses and mileage as their home is regarded as their office base. They will pay out of their allowance one month and claim it back the next month along with their 45p per mile travel.

bubble
    Participant

By the end of the year drivers will be able to park for free in Welsh NHS hospital car parks. When I attend hospital I get 2 buses which get me to the Maelor ridiculously early and then catch 2 buses back home, again enduring a long inconvenient wait (not so much to the bus station, but from bus station to home).

It warms the cockles of my heart to know that people who have bought a car FOR THEIR OWN CONVENIENCE – and this includes pensioners who have free bus passes – are now being given free parking. Apparently paying for a car for the convenience of being able to travel to/from destinations at a time to suit, is a convenience I am expected to subsidise even though I have no car. It will bring me such great comfort, as I sit on an NHS waiting list for treatment, to know that car drivers get to park for free.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-44069699

Council Watcher
    Participant

All that this BBC story is saying that South Wales is catching up with Wrexham- the Maelor has had free car parking for about 3 years and was one of the early adopters.

Sheefag
    Participant

And all paid for by English taxpayers. Cheers then.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham