Drink and drug abuse around the town

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Drink and drug abuse around the town

• Author

johnhoppy
    Participant

This really has nothing to do with the council, they get blamed enough for things as it is. When I was young and if I misbehaved a policeman would scare the living daylights out of me, not a council warden or councillor. Its time the kid cloves came off and the authorities took back control of our streets.

sparky1
    Participant

ok send the letter to the chief of police! see how far that get you???? at least if you send it to the council they will in turn send it to the police?

johnhoppy
    Participant

The police can’t be bothered to do the difficult things any more. It is far less hastle to chase law abiding people for speeding as they won’t argue too much and is much more profitable of course. However when they do make the effort to prosecute genuine offenders they are far too often let off with a rap on the knuckles so they wonder if its worth the effort!!

sparky1
    Participant

OK Johnhoppy lets do nothing then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rockyrobins
    Participant

They have everything to hand at the moment, its just yards to the benefits office, drug rehab office,night hostel,probation office,police station,court,wetherspoons,parks for drinking in, the list goes on, if they want to continue with the lifestyle then it needs to made a lot more difficult for them as they will never change as things stand.

johnhoppy
    Participant

@sparky1 15327 wrote:

OK Johnhoppy lets do nothing then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not suggest that at all. I said that it was a police problem rather than a council problem, and yet you want to send a letter to the council who really cant do anything about it. The police can if the will is there.

justjojo2011
    Participant

So by this premise anyone who fights in town is automatically a drunk and/or a junkie?

@speediecars 15320 wrote:

23rd September 2014, Tuesday 10.50am

Well I drive around the town on a daily basis and regularly see the drunkards and druggies hanging around Rhosddu park as well as the town.

I had to put the date and time on this post as driving past GHP on Grosvenor Road, a lad and girl starting fighting with another lad, when he was on the floor they were kicking him in the head, great sights for new people to the town.

I cannot believe that we have to put up with these people as all it is doing is driving people away from the town who want to come here and shop. This happened in broad daylight and they couldnt care less and nothing seems to be done about it.

Isnt it about time the police and council got tough and stopped handing out money for booze and drugs as I for one am completely fed up with them.

Adam
    Participant

You could also write to Ian Lucas whose office backs directly on to Rhosddu park.

This shouldn’t be a finger pointing exercise though. I’ve no doubt the PC’s and PSCO’s feel equally frustrated with the situation although it would be good to hear them comment more openly about what they see the immediate causes to be and what could be done between all of the relevant services to turn the situation around.

That said there needs to be a grown up discussion about how support services such as those on Grosvenor Road and Grove Road are located within the town when planning applications are being considered. You certainly wouldn’t expect to see one pop at the side of a primary school or in the middle of a residential close so clearly there are accepted ‘boundaries’ but perhaps they need re-evaluating.
    There is absolutely no doubt that they are essential for some but the mandate for the council must be to create a sense of wellbeing and safety for the entire community that live and work here. Surely the best long term solution to providing opportunities for all is to build an economy where people want to work, live and invest. In a town already struggling to do just that, allowing such social issues to escalate can only make the task harder still.

wrexview
    Participant

Any Anti Social Behaviour should be reported to the police using the 101 number. A large number of reports relating to one area will make it a hotspot and usually spurs the police to take action. The police can’t be everywhere and the public need to do their bit by reporting incidents.There are reasons why people are congregating at the Grosvenor Road Junction as it has CAB, The Elms and homeless hostel. It is often those who are refused help from any or all of these institutions that cause problems rather than those who are getting support.

Iceman
    Participant

@johnhoppy 15326 wrote:

The police can’t be bothered to do the difficult things any more. It is far less hastle to chase law abiding people for speeding as they won’t argue too much and is much more profitable of course. However when they do make the effort to prosecute genuine offenders they are far too often let off with a rap on the knuckles so they wonder if its worth the effort!!

Speeding is not abiding by the law, it is against the law.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News