Councillors forum panel

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Councillors forum panel

• Author

wxm
    Participant

Can we have a forum of 3 or 4 councillors who would address the issues raised so far in these forums, and address these in a LIVE forum on wrexham.com? One forum for each issue could be held, and the library or community centres around the County used on a rotational basis. This can be done in front of a live audience, video streamed over the Council website, and questions and points transmitted across this forum. A day, or at least half a day would be needed to have a full exchange and debate – this medium is now a very common and inexpensive process across all walks of life.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    wxm;7245 wrote:
    Can we have a forum of 3 or 4 councillors who would address the issues raised so far in these forums, and address these in a LIVE forum on wrexham.com? One forum for each issue could be held, and the library or community centres around the County used on a rotational basis. This can be done in front of a live audience, video streamed over the Council website, and questions and points transmitted across this forum. A day, or at least half a day would be needed to have a full exchange and debate – this medium is now a very common and inexpensive process across all walks of life.

Not a hope of happening. The councillors always run from difficult questions.

Metalhead
    Participant

@wxm Good idea, even if such a forum was not live I think a dedicated forum on here where residents could raise local concerns for councilors to comment on would be better than what we currently have.

@Wayne
    I suspect that you are very probably correct, however I do not see why councilors should be allowed to simply dodge any issues residents may have. It is residents that elect their councilors, if councilors are simply going to side step any issues they may deem difficult to deal with then what exactly is the point of them?

I think setting up a forum for local concerns to be raised and for councilors to publicly state their views on them is a very good idea myself.

Rob
    Participant

Happy to provide the means to do this.

We had suggested to Cllr Arfon Jones a ustreamed web chat about twitter and the like but he never popped down.

Twitter is the wrong medium IMHO as too short to give full replies.

A local ‘questiontime’ setup would be easy to arrange and technically doable, but would the buy in be there from cllrs & public?

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Would any councillors sign up to it? I suspect not as it would give them a public persona and our councillors seem to shy away from public confrontation. I can’t really blame them as, on occassions, some of the responses I read on here make me cringe. I expect that’s my personality trait, am too polite.

I think the members of the forum would be interested. As would others if it was advertised.

wrexview
    Participant

Good idea.

Metalhead
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 7254 wrote:

Would any councillors sign up to it? I suspect not as it would give them a public persona and our councillors seem to shy away from public confrontation. I can’t really blame them as, on occassions, some of the responses I read on here make me cringe..

If there was an issue specific to a certain councilors area and they decided not to publicly voice their opinion on that matter when residents had requested them to do so then as I asked earlier, what is the point of them? As for any comments deemed to be of a trolling, flaming or baiting nature I would personally find it totally acceptable for a councilor to choose to ignore them. I would like to think the vast majority of us would be capable of holding informative debates without having to resort to posting that kind of unhelpful rubbish or am I just being totally naive to think that is possible?

Rob
    Participant

This could be topic based.

One topic a month, suggest relevant people and invite input on a themed thread?

zinger
    Participant

What is the meaning of trolling, flaming & baiting. Truthfully I don’t know. I am not very well up on text talk & computer terminology. Getting old I guess.

zinger
    Participant

I love question time on TV.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Fleur Robinson to leave role as Wrexham AFC Chief Executive

News

Property Valuation 101: What Every Homeowner Should Know

News

LIVE VIDEO: Andy Dunbobbin WINS Police and Crime Commissioner election

News

Wrexham AFC release retained and released player list

News

Welsh Ambulance Service urges public to protect resources over Bank Holiday

News

Safety concerns raised over plans for phone charging benches in Wrexham