Wrexham as Covid free island

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham as Covid free island

• Author

Matt
    Participant

You know what Derek, if you aren’t interested in a particular comment or conversation just DON’T READ IT.

We haven’t forgotten, it just so happens for the sake of mental health and sanity some of us have to operate to a certain level of gallows humour to keep going.

We don’t need to be constantly patronised and have the fun police in play going we’re in a Pandemic no fun allowed all the time. I’m already adhering to local lockdown and playing by the rules and staying at home except to take my kids to school and walk my dog (I’ve opted for an online delivery this week). I don’t plan to start having my freedom of speech taken away on top of everything.

I’ll give WreX-IT a hard time because despite us disagreeing on most things, they haven’t had a complete sense of humour lobotomy and are worth talking to.

We know the numbers are going up, we know it’s a totally Up the Creek type situation and we’ll get back to that as and when we wish to do so. Perhaps you can direct the conversation in a way you see fitting Derek?

Councillor X
    Participant

I get my modem working again and come back and find that Matt has become the camp comic on this holiday camp forum. I was supposed to be in Hafan y Môr this week social distantly irritating the red coats shouting “Hi Di Hi!” at them.
    We aren’t allowed to go because of travel restrictions and bubbles but better safe than sorry. I don’t want any of us getting the Trump Virus. We can book again next year.

Do you think DerekJackson will be reading this on his iPad and laughing or has he listened to Matt and jogged on?

parkingmad
    Participant

I used the NHS app when I went to the dentist the other day and was told the app would think I’m still in the dentist until I log in somewhere else. So if I went straight home and didn’t go out for a couple of days the app would still think I’m still in the dentist. So if someone went to the dentist a couple of days later and had the virus, would I be on the notification list?.

Matt
    Participant

The original thread title has aged well hasn’t it – expected to be in local for over a month.

Matt
    Participant

If Coleg Cambria are conceding that face to face learning creates a risk/threat and are moving lectures online, is it only a matter of time before Schools start closing and move to remote learning again?

This coupled with the news that Clr Pritchard admits we’ll probably be in local lockdown for the foreseeable future means we’re in for a very rocky and uncertain end of the year ahead.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Applications now open for Youth Service Small Grant Scheme in Wrexham!

News

Wrexham primary school praised for supporting disadvantaged children

News

New Hear Me! project to support deaf children and families in North East Wales

News

Wrexham Council looking for children from Armed Forces families for D-Day Anniversary Event

News

A view from Clwyd South’s Member of the Senedd

News

Calls to improve Wales’ audiology care as patients face “substantial delays”

News