Gresford roundabout – Accident waiting to happen

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Gresford roundabout – Accident waiting to happen

• Author

Huw
    Participant

Some people really struggle to cope with change don’t they?! I don’t think the lane markings on the Gresford roundabout are very well marked/planned out but as long as you stay WITHIN YOUR LANE everybody should be OK. Coming off Chester Road (Wrexham side) the middle lane is now THE ONLY LANE FOR A483 TOWARDS CHESTER. This lane can also be used for Gresford though. Some people (most noticibly Audi drivers!) still think by getting in the right hand lane to go onto A483 and cutting in is a good idea. I witnessed a double decker bus going around in the correct MIDDLE lane to Gresford this morning with an Audi nearly getting stuck under his wheels trying to go onto the A483 in the right hand lane. It’s a matter of time before there is a bad accident at that point guaranteed!

wrexhamlilly
    Participant

Another accident waiting to happen is where you have 4 lanes, 2 to go up Chester Road towards the town, 1 to go up onto the A483 towards Oswestry and 1 to go around towards Pandy / Gresford Industrial Estate / A483 towards Chester. I use the roundabout every day and the number of drivers using the SECOND lane, which is to go up Chester Road towards the town, to go up onto the A483 towards Oswestry is unbelievable. If they looked closely they would see they are actually crossing over a solid white line and doing a sharp turn into the lane for the A483. They have cut me up no end of times and have the cheek to beep their horns at me for being in the correct lane. I have actually emailed the highways department about it, but not heard anything as yet. I dread seeing a car pull along side me in that second lane.

pete
    Participant

It would help if they painted names on the lanes too to make it clear, but it seems to be council policy to leave everything ambiguous. Same with all the roundabouts along the link road.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

The Council have a plan …

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=173304]It would help if they painted names on the lanes too to make it clear, but it seems to be council policy to leave everything ambiguous. Same with all the roundabouts along the link road.[/quote]

Probably avoiding the problem of putting names in both English and Welsh.

zinger
    Participant

[quote quote=173324]

It would help if they painted names on the lanes too to make it clear, but it seems to be council policy to leave everything ambiguous. Same with all the roundabouts along the link road.

Probably avoiding the problem of putting names in both English and Welsh.[/quote]

That wouldn’t be a problem if they didn’t translate Welsh village & street names into English.

wrexhamlilly
    Participant

Had a new one last night. Driver in the SECOND lane for Chester Road cut across to go towards Pandy. The mind boggles.

WreX-iT
    Participant

SO it is a confusing roundabout or are a lot of drivers a load of stupid c***s who shouldn’t be on the road?

zinger
    Participant

Try coming off the Llanypwll Link Road to take the turn for Gresford village. You would expect to turn right as the arrow under the bridge points that way. Arrows on the left & centre lanes indicate to go straight. Thinks!!! These must be for Bluebell Lane, Pandy, the Industrial Estate & the bypass towards Chester, but no. You follow the lines & all of a sudden, as if by afterthought, a right turn arrow appears, to go back under the bypass which makes the lane you are following lead straight on to the Llantpwll Link Road which you have recently vacated.

There was never a problem with the lines from Llanypwll to Gresford village before. You certainly have to have your wits about you. Anyone not having any knowledge of the area might have serious difficulties.

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=173309]The Council have a plan …
    [/quote]
    That looks like me with the flag.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News

Bring your broken items to Wrexham’s Repair Cafe this weekend!

News

Wales’ dental services at “risk of catastrophic collapse”

News

Whooping cough cases on the rise in Wales prompting urgent vaccine calls

News