A Much Larger Welsh Assembly?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A Much Larger Welsh Assembly?

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

If there is enough money to pay for a super sized Assembly , why don’t they spend that money on improving both education and health in Wales and create some world class services. Surely for a population of just over three million this shouldn’t be impossible. These services are a need , a bigger Assembly is a want to reduce the workload of members , maybe they should work a few shifts in the Maelor Hospital to understand what a heavy workload really means !

Council Watcher
    Participant

Why do you think WG is looking to reduce the number of Local Authorities from 22 to 10 — cost saving for reinvestment in larger Welsh Parliament. They can achieve their increase on a zero cost but what will be the local impact.

Matt
    Participant

No more pointless AM politicians please. Let’s be realistic apart from stupid projects that no-one wants the whole WAG isn’t good for an awful lot.

I mean really if you have an issue who thinks I know I’ll write to my local AM Lesley Griffiths or Ken Skates. It’s write to your local MP every single time.

I once wrote to Lesley Griffiths about the concern over closure of Plas Madoc & even though she would have had a large number of constituents who travel to and use the leisure centre. She basically turned round and said it wasn’t in her jurisdiction and therefore not her problem. Absolute farce.

Either go the whole hog and give the WAG sufficient legislative powers to make it worth all its cost and bluster or just knock it on the head entirely. We do not need more politicians, better politicians yes. I bet the vast majority of these new AMs would conveniently mostly be from South Wales and the Cardiff area anyway – further marginalising North Wales.

wrexview
    Participant

By their own calculations an extra 30 Assembly members will cost 9.6 millions per year extra! That was the figure quoted at last night meeting at the Ramada . No mention of any money saving ! That sort of money invested ANNUALLY in our services across Wales would make a real difference.

zinger
    Participant

Why isn’t there a like button on here now?

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Oh what a fantastic idea! And one that only the marvelous SWAG* could come up with, appointing another 30 SAMs* to not attend meetings about meetings, sit on committees and pass reams & reams of A4 around Cardiff Bay. I couldn’t think of any thing better to spend ££millions on – so stop your whinging NHS you’ve never had it so good. Incidentally, I passed the local SAM’s surgery the other day, wasn’t as full as A&E, but more sick people!

And if anyone asks why more SAM’s*, its to balance out the reduction in the local councils in North & Mid Wales. Luckily South Wales will keep or increase their councils, so no change there!
    UP THE WAG, UP SOUTH WALES & UP YOURS to the rest of us.

* South

Dick
    Participant

[quote quote=146699]No more pointless AM politicians please. Let’s be realistic apart from stupid projects that no-one wants the whole WAG isn’t good for an awful lot.

I mean really if you have an issue who thinks I know I’ll write to my local AM Lesley Griffiths or Ken Skates. It’s write to your local MP every single time.

I once wrote to Lesley Griffiths about the concern over closure of Plas Madoc & even though she would have had a large number of constituents who travel to and use the leisure centre. She basically turned round and said it wasn’t in her jurisdiction and therefore not her problem. Absolute farce.

Either go the whole hog and give the WAG sufficient legislative powers to make it worth all its cost and bluster or just knock it on the head entirely. We do not need more politicians, better politicians yes. I bet the vast majority of these new AMs would conveniently mostly be from South Wales and the Cardiff area anyway – further marginalising North Wales.[/quote] Never thought i’d see the day, but I agree with Matt. Why not go further and abolish the WAG altogether?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News

Bring your broken items to Wrexham’s Repair Cafe this weekend!

News

Wales’ dental services at “risk of catastrophic collapse”

News

Whooping cough cases on the rise in Wales prompting urgent vaccine calls

News