St MARKS NCP CARPARK

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum St MARKS NCP CARPARK

• Author

Phil Wynn
    Participant

The agent for Island Green has informed me that whilst the car-park was likely to close for a short period following the departure of NCP, they will have a fall back plan to call on to have it re-opeded asap using an alternative operator.

I have asked WCBC to see if they would be interested in running the car-park on behalf of Henderson’s but as car-parking is so taboo I guess the last thing the general public would like to see is WCBC widening its car-parking portfolio. I could be wrong though!

Cllr Phil Wynn

R T
    Keymaster

If you have connections there are you able to discover the locally rumoured treatment of the now former employees?

NCP apparently are offering some part time roles, but in Manchester, which does seem a rather different commute. Likewise it seems long term season ticket holders had around 3-4 weeks notice however employees were around a week.

If you have the contacts to find out if that is the case it would be useful, and perhaps alert them to some experienced local workers who could do the job under a new operator?

99DylanJones
    Participant

Phil — have you had a discussion with Westminster Estates about their intentions ie possible change to apartments, what progress if any did they do to the change of use survey conducted aprox three years ago.

Phil Wynn
    Participant

Rob I’ll email the agent at Hendersons with your concerns and take it from there.

Cllr Phil Wynn

Phil Wynn
    Participant

Dylan apartments are news to me. The site was put forward as a possible location for the Arts Hub but nothing came of that.

Early days but the area is ripe for redevelopment. We just need to ensure the end use for this part of the town works for Wrexham and isn’t just motivated by short – term profit.

As the County Councillor for the area I will be trying my damnest to enure the best possible outcome is delivered.

Cllr Phil Wynn

99DylanJones
    Participant

If you view the whole of the area as potential development you have the Fire Station site that is due to close within 12 months — rumours three years ago was for Lidl, Netto or Aldi — now that St Giles Way site is up this gives a developer more option.
    Multi story car park and Roxborough House – (next to Little theatre) both vacant, St Mary’s Church Hall needs replacing and a facility could be incorporated into a new build. Museum — something Wrexham Council want to get rid of as part of cost savings.
    The creation of a link into Central Retail Park opens all of that area as well– perhaps Eagles Meadow management need to start worrying about how a new development opportunity has opened up in another part of Wrexham!
    Island Green — 100% occupancy – the only area of Wrexham Town with this level of occupancy and ideal location for more shops. Could this become the ‘New Eagles Meadow’ style development for Wrexham.

This could become the biggest thing to transform Wrexham fortunes since the opening of Eagles Meadow.

Phil as Councillor for the area perhaps you need to be brokering all parties together.

Phil Wynn
    Participant

Dylan

We’re on the very same wave-length and as you say a co-herant plan to develop this area will be great news for the town-centre. I’ve started a dialogue with the Catholic Church so whilst it’s early days I’m quite excited if my ideas comes to fruition.

Cllr P. Wynn

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

McLovin it? Plans resubmitted for third city centre McDonald’s

News

Plans for Senedd increase and voting system change move forward

News

Chester Zoo welcomes rare male giant otter to help save his species

News

The Role Of Landlords In Shaping Wrexham’s Housing Future

News

Racecourse could be 55,000 capacity stadium say Rob and Ryan

News

Wrexham gang who targeted families for sentimental gold jailed for more than 14 years

News