Lollipop Lady/man

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Lollipop Lady/man

• Author

weasel
    Participant

Why is there no help for crossing the very busy Fairy Road at school time ?
    Yesterday the children coming to/from St Josephs diced with death, as they tried to cross the busy road…Can’t the council do something about this ???

michellecook
    Participant

I know there used to be one.

Saw something on Leaderlive (I know swear word) that the council want community councils to cover the cost of the crossing patrols. I recall either reading or hearing somewhere that councils are not obligated to provide this service, which is disgraceful.

Gas_Man
    Participant

There is one at the junction, she was there this morning and yesterday afternoon.

michellecook
    Participant

@Gas_Man 9010 wrote:

There is one at the junction, she was there this morning and yesterday afternoon.

In that case, maybe the kids need a Kerbcraft refresher course in the best places to cross, at the very least a mention in school assembly.

missmarple
    Participant

I used to drive down Fairy Road on my way to Victoria when the crossing patrol was provided and most of the children still crossed on their own therefore making her redundant!

welsh64
    Participant

do they still have the one on holt road near the back entrance to asda… if so what a waste of money ..all he does is press the button ..surely it would be better for the kids to press the button and learn when to cross …

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

PM Sunak sets Thursday 4th July General Election date

News

Wrexham’s new mayor hailed for community-centred approach

News

Wrexham convenience store and off licence closed down for three months

News

Ruabon factory workers to strike amid calls for fairer pay deal

News

“Ridiculous prices” making veterinary care unaffordable for pet owners in Wales

News

Amber weather warning issued with heavy rain and risk of flooding expected